Any tennis fans out there?

Tools    

Decided to watch Tennis after a long while.
Someone needs to tell Norrie to stop picking his nose. Did it throughout the second set.

As for the tennis, Novak seems to have a hold now on the match.
I have advice for you. Don't watch a Nadal match if you think the picking of the nose is bad wait until you see what Nadal picks in between points...

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Fritz might be the future of American tennis in a sense. I can see him becoming a top 5 player within a year or two.
Could be. I am surprised how well he played last year. I didn't realize he was like 6'5 and a huge serve. Then Tiafoe who I've had my eye on for a few years beat Nadal and got to the semis of the US Open last year (granted no Nole). I thought Olpeka could really do some things on grass but he was hurt all last year. Thought he might be the American hope. I think Fritz and Tiafoe could win a major if the draw really breaks for them at a slam. But they both flamed out at the Aussie. Tommy Paul made a run to the semis but I feel the same with him needs the draw to open up.

In tennis I always picked a guy to root for, just more fun. So I picked Novak randomly in 07 before he won a major, thought he actually had a personality and we were born the same week in 87. Didn't know he was going becoming the GOAT. But we need an American to make a splash after Novak and Nadal hang it up. I think this Aussie Open provided two dudes I actually think can win multiple majors. Ben Shelton and Sebastian Korda.

I've known about Korda but Shelton was just on my radar because he won the National Title for my Gators. Shelton might be the one with Korda right behind him. Shelton is like 6'4 and has an absolute cannon for a serve and forehand. Plus he is left handed. Only his 2nd GS and first time out of the country period he made the quarterfinals. He just needs to improve his return and his desire for long rallies and I think he is the one brining American tennis back. Go Gators.

Also as I stated up there. Novak has been my dude for 15 + years and what he did today really got to me. I am really lucky I randomly picked him to root for. I've thought he was the greatest tennis player ever when he was 10 majors behind Nadal and Fed, I just assumed he would never catch them in slams because he would run out of time before he aged out. This dude is beyond inspirational. He is bordering on being the greatest athlete I've seen in my life. I still think it's MJ but he is right there. Nothing has been given to this dude in fact they have tried to take it away from him and he still going end up with the most slams regardless of gender.

What happened in Australia last year would have ended most careers. Dude is made of mental and physical steel. They messed up. I mean this I think he wins all 4 slams this year. He almost did 2 years ago, one match away but now he is even more motivated. They created a f*ckig monster. Here is the history he will create if he can do it.

Aussie Open is his 10th there and ties Nadal at 22 for most male titles.

French Open. Would set the male slam record at 23 tying with Serena for 2nd all time regardless of gender. Would most likely have to go through Nadal preventing him from 23. Now if he does beat Nadal it might retire him because he is looking too banged up. Essentially retiring Nadal in Paris and Federer at his house in Wimbledon. Also it would be a career triple slam. Only him and Nadal have won all slams at least twice.

Wimbledon. He would tie Margaret Court's record regardless of gender at 24. He would tie Federer's record of most Wimbledon's at 8. Would tie Federer's record of most Wimbledon's in a row at 5.

Us Open. He would win the calendar slam first since Laver. He would set the record for slams period at 25. But most importantly he would probably force my dumbass country's hand and void this stupid vax mandate requirement. He still isn't allowed in as of now but there is no way in hell the US won't let him in if he is on the brink of making absurd history like this. Which would probably reunite family and friends who can't see each other in a couple years.

I've stopped doubting Novak long ago. I think he is going to do it.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Hey, it is Roland Garros time. One of the four majors.
Does anyone follow it?

I have seen the scores but havent watched any highlights. Fritz and Tiafoe both lose kinda early, so that loses a lot of interest pretty quick from a US Mens side.

Roland Garros 2023, fourth round.

The match of the day is about to start: Grigor Dimitrov - Alexander Zverev

Is there the hidden champion?

I like Zverev, but ever since he completely crumbled at the US Open in 2020, I felt like he might hit a wall

So, it is a Quarterfinals time.
the eight male Stars of Roland Garros 2023 are:
(listed alphabetically within their draws)

Carlos Alcaraz (ES)
Karen Khachanov (RU)
Novak Djokovic (RS)
Stefanos Tsitsipas (GR)

Alexander Zverev (DE)
Casper Ruud (NO)
Holger Rune (DK)
Tomás Martín Etcheverry (AR)
---

The new face in the tennis elite is the Argentinian Tomás Martín Etcheverry who has never been so high at a Grand Slam tournament and the only tennis player, out of these, who never won an ATP tour title.

I like Zverev, but ever since he completely crumbled at the US Open in 2020, I felt like he might hit a wall
I actually think he might come out from that side of the draw. He was pushing Rafa there last year in the semis until his ankle exploded on him. Seems like he is finally getting into form, and this is his best surface I think. Plus he had the best draw from that side. Going play the Argentinian guy who has never been this far in a slam...hell in any tournament I think. Zverev can always choke but I think he is most comfortable on clay. Rune and Ruud is the other match on that side. Ruud loves clay I just don't trust him vs the top top guys. He feels like he is defeated before he plays. Rune might be too young but has beat Novak twice. Gun to my head I'd pick Rune to come out of that side but I like Zverev more than Ruud.

As far as the other side. Let's be real. Medvedev screwed us by winning Rome to bump Novak to #3. Alcaraz and Novak should be the Final. I am too amped. This is what I wanted. I am a massive Novak guy. I randomly picked him to root for back in 2007 before he won a major. I liked his personality and we are 8 days apart in age. I didn't know he was going become the best tennis player ever.

Anyways Alcaraz is definitely capable of beating Novak...especially on clay his least favorite surface. I just think he is in for a rude awakening. He hasn't played Novak, Rafa or Roger in a best of 5 match. Those guys are playing a different sport when its best of 5. I'll start to believe the hype if he beats Novak. He has the advantage of sneaking out a major win before playing one of those guys in a slam. He hasn't been psychologically damaged by losing to them yet.

I just think Novak is going for way too much history to lose. He will finally hold the slam record on his own for the first time at 23. If he stays healthy I actually think he is going complete the Calander slam. RG is always the one that tripped him up because of Nadal or I think he would have already done it. Hell he won it 2 years ago and was a match away from completing it. Can't wait for that match friday!

Anyways Alcaraz is definitely capable of beating Novak...especially on clay his least favorite surface. I just think he is in for a rude awakening. He hasn't played Novak, Rafa or Roger in a best of 5 match. Those guys are playing a different sport when its best of 5. I'll start to believe the hype if he beats Novak. He has the advantage of sneaking out a major win before playing one of those guys in a slam. He hasn't been psychologically damaged by losing to them yet.
I am not one to say I told you so but...I may have been right. Welcome to the psychologically damaged now.

This will be good for Alcaraz in the long run. Gotta learn the level you'll need and now he knows. He will get Nole eventually just not this year in a slam. Novak is going for too much history plus Alcaraz needed the experience of playing him.

Well the coronation is in a few hours. 23 is coming and soon to 25. It's what I knew a decade ago that everyone will know tomorrow. Greatest tennis player I've laid my eyes on and might be the greatest athlete I've ever seen.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist

So, it is a Quarterfinals time.
the eight male Stars of Wimbledon 2023 are:
(listed alphabetically within their draws)

Andrey Rublev (RU)
Jannik Sinner (IT)
Novak Djokovic (RS)
Roman Safiullin (RU)

Carlos Alcaraz (ES)
Christopher Eubanks (US)
Daniil Medvedev (RU)
Holger Rune (DK)
---

There are two absolute new faces in the tennis elite - the American Christopher Eubanks and the Russian Roman Safiullin.

Little late but damn you Carlos! Messing up Novak's records and chance at a calendar slam! What a match. I thought Novak would run through Carlos after the French Open and now on his favorite surface (has been his favorite surface ladder half of his career). Plus Carlos was still learning grass. Novak creamed him the first set 6-1 then really the match came down to the second set tie break. Novak had a set point and couldn't convert. Carlos went on to win that set and gave him confidence enough he could win the match. When Carlos went up 2 sets to 1 I knew it was going 5. You haven't watched enough Novak if you didn't know.

All credit to Carlos that was legit, he took it from Novak, Novak didn't give it to him. I've never seen anyone make Novak look so indecisive on a tennis court...not Nadal or Fed. I am eating up all this "changing of the guard, new era" stuff though. Carlos is definitely the new era and I can see him far into double digit major wins...but Novak isn't going anywhere. His whole entire career was dedicated to chasing Roger and Rafa, I mean his WHOLE career. He finally caught them. His motivation was still high to get to 24 (tied for most regardless of gender) and a chance at calendar slam again while tying Fed's 8 Wimbledons. However he was just given a new challenge that I think will make him win majors until he is 40...Carlos. I think they are going alternate Majors the next couple years until Novak bows out but Novak is now going flirt with 30 majors I believe. He always had Rafa and Fed as his motivation now he has a new one.

Well Novak better win either the US Open or Aussie Open because Rafa can win the French in a wheelchair and tie him at 23 next year. I will be nervous if we go into next years Roland Garros at 23 vs 22 and Nadal is somewhat healthy. He is shot at all the other majors but that Paris clay gives him superpowers. Speaking of the US Open I am going go up there and try to catch a Novak match this year. Will be there the start of the second week. So my luck he will get bounced early . Still always wanted to go to the US Open so it will be cool but a lot cooler if I can catch Novak. Always wanted to see him live...was going go the last 2 years for the Miami Masters but they wouldn't let him in the damn country

Anyways the next few majors should be damn fun to watch. Can't wait. I was happy for Carlos but he might have awakened the beast again.

Anyone for tennis? Excellent Netflix documentary. Renewed for a second season.

None here even for the US open 2023, which is currently underway.

Anyway, the Semifinals today:
Alcaraz - Medvedev
Shelton - Djokovic

US Open 2023

Tomorrow is the grand final! Who'll be the King of New York...

Novak Djokovic v Daniil Medvedev

Anyway, LACOSTE already reigning the city. Both finalists are Lacoste guys.