Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to watch this since you posted about it. Enjoying it.
Both leads excellent.

The anthology. Shudder descriptions/summaries are all over the place.

I’ll watch the documentary next.
I really enjoyed the documentary, but haven't seen the anthology. To be fair, they are two films with the same title released relatively close to each other, LOL.

I really enjoyed the documentary, but haven't seen the anthology. To be fair, they are two films with the same title released relatively close to each other, LOL.
Yeah, that’s… super-confusing. I thought the anthology was brilliant, almost every segment was acutely original.

Will probably tackle the documentary over the weekend or on Friday, as I’m a bit distracted today and can’t seem to watch anything meaningful.

Yeah, that’s… super-confusing. I thought the anthology was brilliant, almost every segment was acutely original.
And here I've been totally ignoring the anthology on Shudder because I assumed it was just the documentary but with a different cover.

'Preciate the recommendation! I watched it last night, and was impressed with the script, production design, photography and the acting. Eddie Redmayne gave an award winning performance, and Jessica Chastain was first rate. She has some of the most expressive eyes in the business. And I always enjoy Noah Emmerich.

It was nice to watch a well made film not being cluttered up with the usual W/SJ tropes that are in so many movies today. Just simple good movie making!

This is very well-made and beautiful, but ‘derivative plot’ (one review) doesn’t begin to cover it. At this point, King Kong, Gojira (any iteration of either) are all exactly the same. When I watch stuff like that, I honestly feel humanity somewhat deserves to perish. I won’t go into anything political, but even the way covid was addressed somewhat brings this idea to mind, and again, maybe humanity deserves all this.

I thought this was alright; fairly original, at least. Not watching the remake.
Tried to find myself something new-ish with Mads and discovered he is in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie. Not thrilled - he’s better than that.

'Preciate the recommendation! I watched it last night, and was impressed with the script, production design, photography and the acting. Eddie Redmayne gave an award winning performance, and Jessica Chastain was first rate. She has some of the most expressive eyes in the business. And I always enjoy Noah Emmerich.

It was nice to watch a well made film not being cluttered up with the usual W/SJ tropes that are in so many movies today. Just simple good movie making!
I very much agree about W/SJ - for once, a film that focuses on the plot over all this madness. And yes, the two leads did work well together. I also just found it genuinely interesting; including in a ‘stuff like that really happens’ kind of way. I ended up reading up on Amy Loughren and was really glad that she got heart surgery and is better now, and that she’s a grandmother. A genuinely wholesome ending in film and life.