MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've been watching more. It's just nice to be at the point, the last few years, where I can watch football as a fan of the game itself, without all the stupidity and motivated reasoning of tribal fandom stuff. I don't care if the Bengals are a "rival," they're a good, fun team now. Good for them. I just wanna see good games get played, great teams get rewarded, and I wanna see long-suffering fan bases have their moment in the sun (hence the Bills love).

It makes it a lot more fun to just sit and watch a game and admire it all, without the looming specter of anger or disappointment hanging over it. I really like this stage of fandom and I really wish more fans would end up in a similar place.
Ya I'm a Packer fan and I've started to not even hate the Vikings. That Justin Jefferson is a definite Hall of Famer.

I haven't seen a team that devastated by crucial injuries in big moments since the Chiefs O-line a few years ago. Just brutal.

Was pulling for the Eagles mostly but kinda switched it up because I felt so bad for San Fran.

In retrospect, if Purdy really couldn't throw, I'm kinda surprised they didn't try McCaffrey, as crazy as it might seem.

I haven't seen a team that devastated by crucial injuries in big moments since the Chiefs O-line a few years ago. Just brutal.

Was pulling for the Eagles mostly but kinda switched it up because I felt so bad for San Fran.

In retrospect, if Purdy really couldn't throw, I'm kinda surprised they didn't try McCaffrey, as crazy as it might seem.
Eh, we have seen that McCaffrey can legit throw. He threw at least a pass or two this year including a TD. Guessing maybe didn't know much of playbook but I'm sure improv could have come into play.

I'd like to think Chiefs or Bengals will beat Eagles but it's definitely no certainty. It's hard to stop those run first teams if they are on.

I'm not a fan of the 49ers at all but man, gutsy team. Lose their top TWO QBs for the year and then go on a huge winning streak, and their defense even kept them in that Eagles game up until nearly halftime on their fourth-stringer. Incredible.

Might've been a great game, but I guess we'll never know.

Yeah, I hope that at least that silences some of the Purdy critics, those who somehow thought anybody could get three or four touchdowns a game if they had McCaffrey, Kittle, and Deebo to throw to. Philly did have some good defensive schemes, but it would have been nice to see Purdy in for the full game, uninjured. Oh, well.

The pair of one seeds, it is. I cannot in good conscience root for Philadelphia, so go KC.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It will definitely be a fun one to watch. I'm inclined to go for the Chiefs in hopes that it will cement Reid and Mahomes legacies.

I think it's going to be a very good one. Both teams had great seasons.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The end of The Super Bowl was a tipping point for me, I've got better things to do than watch this crap product.

I wasn't a big fan of the call, but it's not like it wasn't a penalty, if that makes sense. Even Bradbury himself seems to understand.

It's a lame way to end a great game, but so it goes. The interesting thing to consider is that you're actually relatively fine with them scoring there, with that much time left, so it was a bit of a mental or coaching error not to emphasize "whatever you do, don't give them a first down." That's worse than just letting him score.

Really entertaining through most of it, though. Good on the Chiefs. Had to laugh when I saw someone post this borderline Hall of Fame resume from Mahomes...and realize it's over just a five year career.

Let's just say he won 3 more SBs. I know it's not 7 but I think it would challenge him for GOAT status if we throw in other variables.

I also think it's funny even as a Packer fan he's won more than Rodgers.

Football's such an interconnected team sport that real individual comparisons are almost impossible. There's just too many things people can latch onto and unilaterally decide is the most important thing, so everybody can pretend to have the data on their side for any argument. That's why I increasingly look at things outside like their influence on the way the position is played. And I heavily devalue raw counting stats, don't give a ton of weighting to playoffs or titles, etc. Too many other variables, way too simplistic.

But yeah, this is probably the best start to a career any QB has ever had and it'll be fun to see where it all ends up. Obviously it'll go a lot better if he gets to play under Reid for a long time. That guy's an offensive genius. I literally laughed out loud at those two goal line plays, where he had receivers use raw speed to drag the DBs out of the far zone so both of them were completely open in mirror image plays.

Special stuff, fun to watch. It admittedly helps that he seems like a good, chill dude.