Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All at Once
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The five nominees are...

Cate Blanchett, Tár
Ana de Armas, Blonde
Andrea Riseborough, To Leslie
Michelle Williams, The Fabelmans
Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All at Once
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Blanchett will win and would be a very deserving winner.
I just saw a short clip of her performance and even that was pretty impressive. Really looking forward to the whole thing.

I just saw a short clip of her performance and even that was pretty impressive. Really looking forward to the whole thing.
I honestly think TAR is her best performance, which is saying a lot because she has been fantastic in a number of other films too.

We're gonna look back on Blanchett as being the greatest actress of all time, aren't we?
No. I hope not. She's amazing in Tar, really phenomenal. But she's not the best actress of all time!!!

Either Gena Rowlands or Juliette Binoche is the greatest actress of all time. But also in the conversation would have to be Harriett Anderson, Liv Ullman, Elizabeth Taylor, Debora Kerr and undoubtedly a bunch more I've forgotten, especially from the 40s and 50s.

To each their own.

I think part of it depends on how much we value sheer range. Blanchett is brave.
Definitely, and she'll rightly be remembered as one of the greatest of this generation.

Also, if it's brave actresses you're after, then she's not in the same league as Charlotte Gainsbourg who I'd also rate a better actress than Blanchett. But she's never likely to be in one of these threads for obvious reasons. (38 major nominations in her career, not one from the Academy)

I'll be honest, after four previous nominations, I really thought this was going to be Williams' year, in addition to the fact that Blanchett already has two Oscars, but then I saw Tar. The movie isn't great but Blanchett is nothing short of extraordinary and she's been winning everything so far, so it's really looking like Blanchett could win a third Oscar. BTW, the only one of the above performances I haven't seen is Risenborough.

I love Ana de Armas but didn't like her in Blonde. Dedicated, for sure, but her voice was quite grating and silly I thought. Felt sorry for what they did to her.

Hated Everything Everywhere but Michelle Yeoh gives a good performance, probably the best performance in the film.

Liked Michelle Williams in The Fablemans.

Don't know much about To Leslie so will add it to my watchlist.

Looking forward to seeing Cate Blanchett in Tar. Definitely one of the most incredible actresses ever.