The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I completely missed the boat on that show. (no pun)
Well set sail already, because if anyone tells you that adults don't watch Spongebob, they need to get out more.

Well set sail already, because if anyone tells you that adults don't watch Spongebob, they need to get out more.

I do remember my dad's friend recommending it to him back in the day.

Victim of The Night
#29. The Lighthouse (2019) - I saw it when it came out. It was very promising - Black and White cinematography featuring the great Willem Dafoe. We had high hopes for this release.
Alas, it turned to be some pseudo art movie to attract the youngsters: some thrill + pinch of horror + pinch of perversion + sense of intellectuality... all what the crowd needs. It was very transparent how the investors have planned this and how some of them had the great idea to invite Dafoe to legitimate them in front of the higher class audience. Dafoe was on level as always but they forgot to invite a decent screenwriter.
Yes, the cameraman and the actors deserve three stars:
- (58/100).
---
Hee hee. I swear I will live to see you say you like a movie just once.

Had not heard of Incendies till this countdown and further, did not know it was a film from Denis Villeneuve. It looks very good from the trailer so I may give it a try. Have yet to see The Lighthouse and it's the only feature from Eggers I haven't seen. I've like his two that bookend this one so I'll see The Lighthouse soon. Right now, I'm hoping and thinking that 3 of my picks will make it by the end, but this countdown has been chock-full of surprises, so who knows? It's been a kick, either way!

My List so far:
#2. Moonrise Kingdom #37
#5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri #44
#6. True Grit #40
#10. Hell or High Water #73
#11. Zero Dark Thirty #58
#15. Edge of Tomorrow #68
#24. Gone Girl #65

Of the last six, I haven't seen The Irishman or Incendies. Of the other four, Gravity was the only one I really appreciated. Interstellar is unadulterated Nolan, if you like that, but sadly I don't. Boyhood is a great idea but unfortunately just not very interesting in execution. And The Lighthouse is Eggers, who is, as I've said, not for me.

Only two of my list have shown up so far (three if you count one-pointers). I think about 8-10 more will appear, but I don't feel like I have a good handle on this decade, so we'll see.

I was hoping for you to guess The Lighthouse.
28. The Lighthouse
I mean... um... nah, I'll just stick with The Lighthouse on that one. I've got nothing better.

I just realized there's at least one other really obvious guess for 27 that is very different than the one I made, but I think I'll stick with my original one.

28. The Lighthouse
I mean... um... nah, I'll just stick with The Lighthouse on that one. I've got nothing better.

I just realized there's at least one other really obvious guess for 27 that is very different than the one I made, but I think I'll stick with my original one.

I wonder if it's one of the ones I went through before I edited mine twice

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I tried watching The Lighthouse because it was getting great reviews, and it aired on one of the cable movie channels, but I gave up on it about half way through the movie. The first half hour or so was very boring, and then it started to get kind of creepy, so I turned it off. (Maybe I should have at least read the synopsis before I tried watching it.)

I've heard of Incendies, but I don't know anything about it, and I haven't seen it.