The Banshees of Inisherin

Tools    

Surprised there is no mention of this in here.

I watched it yesterday, and overall I loved it, despite the absurdity of the plot at times.

The acting is top notch, the cinematography is gorgeous, and the dark humour is typical of a McDonagh's movie.

It's bleak and really depressing at times, but does a stellar job of conveying the issues (or feelings) of its main characters.

It's pretty good, though I found it meandered slightly. Has very funny elements but not McDonagh's best. Touches on giving friends the elbow, relationships, the troubles in Ireland, Celtic mythology and broadening your horizons in small town communities.

I don't find it depressing in the slightest.

Surprised there is no mention of this in here.

I watched it yesterday, and overall I loved it, despite the absurdity of the plot at times.

The acting is top notch, the cinematography is gorgeous, and the dark humour is typical of a McDonagh's movie.

It's bleak and really depressing at times, but does a stellar job of conveying the issues (or feelings) of its main characters.
Loved it. I know I wrote something about it someplace here.

Loved it. I know I wrote something about it someplace here.
My mother found it incredibly depressing and we ended up having a fight because I ‘let her watch it’ and now she’s upset. Oh, my days.

(Yes, I know what you’ll say, and yes. I’m working on it.)

I did love it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The dialogue was cracking but like Scarletlion said, I think it meandered a bit, plot-wise. I almost felt like it needed to be either a bit less weird (with the fingers and all) or go full on nuts.

WARNING: "Banshees of Inisherin" spoilers below
I felt that the death near the end was glossed over a bit, it's not clear how or why and it's not really dwelt in by the characters. Maybe just because they're so caught up in their feud.

The dialogue was cracking but like Scarletlion said, I think it meandered a bit, plot-wise. I almost felt like it needed to be either a bit less weird (with the fingers and all) or go full on nuts.

WARNING: "Banshees of Inisherin" spoilers below
I felt that the death near the end was glossed over a bit, it's not clear how or why and it's not really dwelt in by the characters. Maybe just because they're so caught up in their feud.
WARNING: "Banshees" spoilers below
It's implied that it's suicide isn't it? And the fact that the father is the only policeman on the island yet he is constantly abusing his own son gives more subtext to the troubles and war. (People not even being protected by the very people that are employed to protect them)

It's a very Irish film in that sense. I.e. - People learning to just get along with people, knowing that the very thing they stand for is the opposite of the thing you stand for.

My mother found it incredibly depressing and we ended up having a fight because I ‘let her watch it’ and now she’s upset. Oh, my days.

Blinkin 'eck, don't show her any Lars von Trier!!!!

Blinkin 'eck, don't show her any Lars von Trier!!!!
Haha, exactly, I have told her tales of Breaking the Waves (mainly because I had a uni lecturer (history of film(!!!)) who literally cried from seeing that and never saw it again.

It was really annoying to me, though, as I feel there’s as much humour there as in his earlier films, though I agree with you that this one is far from perfect.

Haha, exactly, I have told her tales of Breaking the Waves (mainly because I had a uni lecturer (history of film(!!!)) who literally cried from seeing that and never saw it again.

It was really annoying to me, though, as I feel there’s as much humour there as in his earlier films, though I agree with you that this one is far from perfect.
Love Breaking the Waves.

Me too, it’s gorgeous, but I also do understand why some people find it too raw/painful to watch.
Totally.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just saw it. Was quite good. Really good performances and the Ireland cinematography is grand. The movie is also quite funny especially in that first half. Now if I could just figure out this whole finger thing....