The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Ah damn. Of course. Knives Out. Should’ve guessed that. Dammit.

I’ve seen both and I really love Knives Out. A great twisty mystery with some fun along the way. Really revamped the whodunit genre and gave it a boost. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with its sequel…

As for Hell or High Water, I thought it was solid enough. But like Iro said it was a one and done kind of deal. Nothing great for me.

Seen: 10 - The Martian - Decent movie, not into that space stuff.

The Avengers: Endgame - Good movie, better than Infinity war, imo.

Shutter Island - I saw this movie a long time ago and it was a weird and boring film, didn't find any interest in it.

Knives Out - Not a bad murder mystery movie, not a favorite of mines.

Hell or High Water - A decent bank robber movie, it gives me Red Dead Redemption vibes while watching it.

Not Seen: 18

I have not seen The Turin Horse, The Handmaiden, The King's Speech, Spring Breakers and The Raid 2

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Seen and quite enjoyed both. Knives Out was my #21. It admittedly gets some points for being a movie that my whole family enjoyed, and I enjoyed its take on the ensemble murder mystery. Don't know how much I'd have liked it if I'd seen it after it got a lot of hype, but I think it's a good time and just as solid on a rewatch.

Hell or High Water was good and certainly gets some great performances out of its leads.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Just out of curiousity, how many other people still haven't had one of their picks show up yet? I kind of want to start guessing when it'll happen but now that I've said that it'll probably be in the next set of reveals.
The Witch is the only pick of mine thus far, which rounded out my top 10.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Just out of curiousity, how many other people still haven't had one of their picks show up yet? I kind of want to start guessing when it'll happen but now that I've said that it'll probably be in the next set of reveals.

I've had four, which given my experience with the comedy countdown, was to be expected that my picks tend to populate the lower 25 more.

I suspect gbgoodies has not had any, have they?

I enjoyed Knives Out and found it to be a good deal of fun. For a top 25 (ie my ballot), I would have needed a lot more than that, but to each their own. Not unhappy to see it make an appearance in the bottom 50.

Hell or Highwater - I have not seen, but the sense of "definite apathy, sight unseen," isn't present with it as it has been with a lot of the other unseens thus far. Maybe after watching it.

Excellent vibe/atmosphere, cinematography and pacing. Just a perfect little heist flick.
Hell or High Water was my #11. Love whodunnits and Knives Out my #5, is a great one.
(Two twofers in a row in two different years must be some kind of record.)

SEEN 22/28
BALLOT 7/25

Hell or High Water is an excellent western crime thriller that chooses to focus more on developing the characters than in offering mindless car chases. All of the performances are excellent, but I was really surprised by Chris Pine, who I hadn't seen much of beyond the new Star Trek films. I had it at #15, making it the first from my ballot to show up.

Knives Out was fun and well made, but it's not one that has stuck with me that much.

So, here's where I'm at...

Seen: 21/28

My ballot:  

Both not on my list. I enjoyed the first Knives Out more than the sequel. It's a fun little movie.

As a Taylor Sheridan fan, I love Hell or High Water, but this is not his movie I have on my list. I hope the other two he was involved with show up.
But Hell or Highwater is a really fine film.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I really loved Shutter Island like 10 years ago. Haven't seen it since.

I like The Raid 2 more than the first one but I'm still not a fan.

Knives Out was OK but nothing special.

Apparently, I found Hell or High Water to be OK but I can't remember a single thing about it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Two highly entertaining flicks that I’m glad to see here. They both would make a 100 of the decade for me but neither were going to be top 25. Cool pair.

Hmm. Yeah, I guess you might have to more than appreciate it. You maybe have to kind of love it. I do.

For me it’s never boring. Rarely monotonous. Always exciting. Because it’s not just kicks and hits and moves. It’s very well choreographed. Very precise, inventive and smooth. Each fight is like a dance number. A dance between fighters and a dance with the camera.

Added to that is well timed edits, structure, build up, momentum and tempo shifts. I love it. I understand completely why if one doesn’t. If one finds it monotonous or too much of a good thing. But when it’s this well done I eat it up.

I saw The Raid 2 in the cinemas and it was one of the best times. And I’ve seen it several times since. Still great.
BIB - I've not seen this, but having watched as much as I could bear of the first, I believe you completely and that's exactly what's wrong with it and why I found that one so boring.

Shutter Island is the first (and one of only two, maybe three) of mine which has shown up. To give you some idea of how into this decade I am, I saw it when it came out and that's the only time I've seen it. I enjoyed it, but I remember feeling a bit bored before the end. Normally I wouldn't include anything like that on a countdown list, but I decided to enter a list and try to fill it out because... Well, because I normally wouldn't because I don't see the point. I had it at #3 and, therefore, am probably the most responsible for it being on this list.

I've always been interested in seeing Knives Out (I have it recorded) but I've not seen it. I feel that if I had and enjoyed it, it would've certainly made my list.

Hell And High Water looks like a Western (and I do mean looks) and, therefore, I have no interest in seeing it unless all the stills and clips I've seen of it are from a very small part of the film.

BIB - I've not seen this, but having watched as much as I could bear of the first, I believe you completely and that's exactly what's wrong with it and why I found that one so boring.

Shutter Island is the first (and one of only two, maybe three) of mine which has shown up. To give you some idea of how into this decade I am, I saw it when it came out and that's the only time I've seen it. I enjoyed it, but I remember feeling a bit bored before the end. Normally I wouldn't include anything like that on a countdown list, but I decided to enter a list and try to fill it out because... Well, because I normally wouldn't because I don't see the point. I had it at #3 and, therefore, am probably the most responsible for it being on this list.

I've always been interested in seeing Knives Out (I have it recorded) but I've not seen it. I feel that if I had and enjoyed it, it would've certainly made my list.

Hell And High Water looks like a Western (and I do mean looks) and, therefore, I have no interest in seeing it unless all the stills and clips I've seen of it are from a very small part of the film.

"The 2010's, a decade in which movies existed, I guess." - honeykid

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Damn, will anything I voted for make it?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Knives Out I unfortunately haven't seen yet but should get to it soon.

Hell of High Water was literally one of my last cuts. Very good movie.

It is a Western; a contemporary one, but a Western nonetheless.