COVID

Tools    

Was in the hospital all yesterday afternoon feeling absolute crap. This began on Friday with a wicked sore throat. Finally diagnosed with bronchitis.

Hospital called today - I have Covid.

Have to quarantine for 5 days & then see my own internist. Worse case scenario he sends me back to the hospital.

This is what happens when I don’t wear a mask except in a medical situation.

Terrified I will give it to husband. He’s going to see my internist & get tested.

Anyone here who’s had Covid & can tell me his/her experience?

Frightened now.

I had COVID in January. Started with a sore throat and generally feeling crappy. Ended up having a fever (I wanna say about 102° F?) for a day or two and a pretty bad cough. I got prescribed codeine to help suppress the cough at night so I could sleep and was told to isolate, monitor my oxygen with an OTC pulse oximeter, and drink lots of fluids - with the specific suggestion of hot water with honey to help soothe my throat.

I was terrified at first - especially because I have several medical conditions that put me at greater risk of severe illness from it - but it ended up feeling like I'd caught a cold and not even a particularly bad one. My biggest issue was being very bored from having to isolate and stressed because I missed about two weeks of work (thankfully I got paid for those days, but I didn't know that at the time).

I had COVID in January. Started with a sore throat and generally feeling crappy. Ended up having a fever (I wanna say about 102° F?) for a day or two and a pretty bad cough. I got prescribed codeine to help suppress the cough at night so I could sleep and was told to isolate, monitor my oxygen with an OTC pulse oximeter, and drink lots of fluids - with the specific suggestion of hot water with honey to help soothe my throat.

I was terrified at first - especially because I have several medical conditions that put me at greater risk of severe illness from it - but it ended up feeling like I'd caught a cold and not even a particularly bad one. My biggest issue was being very bored from having to isolate and stressed because I missed about two weeks of work (thankfully I got paid for those days, but I didn't know that at the time).
I felt so feverish yesterday, but temp was perfect at 98 degrees, which surprised me. I have prednisone for my cough & it’s not really an issue now. Makes me wonder how long I’ve had Covid.

Thanks for helping Miss Vicky. Scared.

Was in the hospital all yesterday afternoon feeling absolute crap. This began on Friday with a wicked sore throat. Finally diagnosed with bronchitis.

Hospital called today - I have Covid.

Have to quarantine for 5 days & then see my own internist. Worse case scenario he sends me back to the hospital.

This is what happens when I don’t wear a mask except in a medical situation.

Terrified I will give it to husband. He’s going to see my internist & get tested.

Anyone here who’s had Covid & can tell me his/her experience?

Frightened now.
I can’t offer much insight as I was never actually ill with COVID, though I have tested positive, but I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

I can’t offer much insight as I was never actually ill with COVID, though I have tested positive, but I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.
I’m confused. You tested positive, but were never actually ill. Did you have to quarantine & all that?

A neighboring couple in their late 70's just had it. Said they were mildly sick, quarantined about a week, and are now fine.

Good luck
Thanks for responding! Appreciate it.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hubby (who has sarcoidosis--a lung issue) got it last Christmas and was mostly just fatigued and had a cough. He went to the doctor thinking he had the flu, but flu tests were negative. They routinely test for Covid now, and he was surprised when they called two days later to tell him it was positive. By then he had started to feel better, though the general malaise lingered for about a week.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Also, I never got it. I'd throw food at him twice a day (ha ha) but steered clear of him a little bit. We have a large house so that wasn't all that tough. We slept in separate rooms while he felt ill.

Where or who did you catch Covid from? Do you know?
Could be husband. Gonna get himself tested. Funny, always thought he would bring it home because he’s not careful like me.

Main reason I caught it is not wearing a mask at church, etc. This is all going to change. Pulled out my bag of masks & will wear one everywhere now.

Thanks for responding. Appreciate it.

Could be husband. Gonna get himself tested. Funny, always thought he would bring it home because he’s not careful like me.

Main reason I caught it is not wearing a mask at church, etc. This is all going to change. Pulled out my bag of masks & will wear one everywhere now.

Thanks for responding. Appreciate it.
I think you and your husband (if he even catches it) will be fine. I've known some people who were vaccinated and caught Covid and they said it was a pita to have, but they were OK and recovered real quick too.

Why did you test at all?
It’s a long story. I was meant to go into a TV studio (Bloomberg) and at the time they were obsessive about it all and asked everyone to test. I could attend in person with a client and alternatively we could do it remotely.

So I ended up not going.

I think you and your husband (if he even catches it) will be fine. I've known some people who were vaccinated and caught Covid and they said it was a pita to have, but they were OK and recovered real quick too.
Thank you so much for responding.

Also, I never got it. I'd throw food at him twice a day (ha ha) but steered clear of him a little bit. We have a large house so that wasn't all that tough. We slept in separate rooms while he felt ill.
Thanks for responding. Thank god we have a spare bedroom where I will sleep.

Very confused. Where is the Covid thread I began when Covid first appeared? I thought it was named Covid. Did someone say something dumb & it was deleted? @Yoda

I'm sorry you're ill and feeling scared.

At the end of October I had a bad headache one day. The headache kept me up late, and around 3am I realized I would be way too tired and grouchy to teach, so I called in sick. The next morning I took an Asprin (DUH!!!) for the headache and it went away. I felt normal and was ready to go back to work the next day. I was texting with my sister and she said, "But you did a COVID test, right?" I was like "Pffft! For a little headache?" And she was like "", so I did the test and that little test stripe lit up like a firework.

I had very mild symptoms (and if I didn't know I had COVID, I wouldn't have called a mild runny nose a "symptom" because I always get a little stuffy in the fall).

The biggest issue I had was for several weeks after, despite my case being super mild, I had some trouble with endurance during workouts. Like, even 20 minutes of walking would make me feel winded, and I would get lightheaded if I tried to do more strenuous things like weightlifting or moving fast for any sustained period of time. A trainer from the gym were I workout texted because she was worried about not seeing me for several weeks, and she said a lot of gymgoers have been struggling with getting back that breath. I've been working my way back up to longer workouts (I can do over an hour of moderately-paced walking now without getting out of breath). That was the most frustrating part. I never really felt "sick", and yet I had these echoes of it for weeks and weeks after.

I don't know what (if any) risk factors you have. But I'm glad you're being treated and are actively under the care of a physician as well as your husband. There are anti-viral interventions at this point--don't know if those have been suggested to you.

I hope that you are on the mend. I'm sure you have some nervous feelings because it's a new, unknown experience. Even though I had a super mild case, I remember feeling scared and also incredibly anxious about how many people I'd possibly exposed prior to having my headache.

Very confused. Where is the Covid thread I began when Covid first appeared? I thought it was named Covid. Did someone say something dumb & it was deleted? @Yoda
Not that I recall. Pretty good chance it was simply merged with another though, I vaguely recall people starting more than one. If so, there would've been a (temporary) redirect notice left behind at the time. You'll also know this is the case if you see your post somewhere in the thread.