Things that annoy you...

Tools    

^ I enjoy it when scammers call the landline phone, I have some fun with them and it usually ends with the person getting angry and calling me all sorts of nasty things.

^ I enjoy it when scammers call the landline phone, I have some fun with them and it usually ends with the person getting angry and calling me all sorts of nasty things.
Reminds me of my middle bro in England back in the day when Jehovah’s Witnesses would ring his doorbell. By the time he’d finished with them, they couldn’t wait to get away.

You're better off without facebook...Mofo is the place to be, that and green acres
Mo-Fo is where I'd rather stay
I get allergic smelling Face (book)
I just adore that Yoda's views
Darling, I love you, but give me a site all about Hollywood!

Reminds me of my middle bro in England back in the day when Jehovah’s Witnesses would ring his doorbell. By the time he’d finished with them, they couldn’t wait to get away.
I salute the man. I’ve always wanted to do that but can’t be bothered.

My mother and her insistence on having trivial conversations with me.

She's been losing her hearing for the last few years and won't do anything about it. On top of that, lately she's been experiencing ringing in her ears. If I speak at a normal tone, she can't hear me and she asks me to repeat myself over and over again. If I raise my voice, she gets offended that I'm "yelling."

She's been losing her hearing for the last few years and won't do anything about it. On top of that, lately she's been experiencing ringing in her ears. If I speak at a normal tone, she can't hear me and she asks me to repeat myself over and over again. If I raise my voice, she gets offended that I'm "yelling."

That’s very tough.

In my experience this will never end. I am on my third going deaf relative. None of them would do anything about it. I’m used to hollering at people and making sure they can see your mouth. It’s become a way of life.

I've done that a couple of times, too. The best thing is to take the literature (which often had some kind of 'Eden' pic on the front and question everything on it (because there are usually dangerous animals on them) the answers get more and more ridiculous and if they don't, you make sure you hammer home your concerns about how safe the afterlife is.

Also, if you get spam/cold callers, just say "hang on, I'll get them for you." then get on with your day and see how long they stay on the line for. They usually ring off quite quickly now, but years ago you could have them on the line for a couple of minutes at least.

I've done that a couple of times, too. The best thing is to take the literature (which often had some kind of 'Eden' pic on the front and question everything on it (because there are usually dangerous animals on them) the answers get more and more ridiculous and if they don't, you make sure you hammer home your concerns about how safe the afterlife is.

Also, if you get spam/cold callers, just say "hang on, I'll get them for you." then get on with your day and see how long they stay on the line for. They usually ring off quite quickly now, but years ago you could have them on the line for a couple of minutes at least.
Ha, ha, something about Brit men.

Two of our landlines are on SILENT except for the basement phone. Works well since it’s predominantly robo calls & spam calls so they either go into v/m or they hang up.

Noise of all kinds these days. I live in noise-cancelling headphones which actually is detrimental to one’s vestibular system, but I’d rather have that wrecked than process noise. Was amased to see Tár with Cate Blanchett reference misophonia and Schopenhauer.

Noise of all kinds these days. I live in noise-cancelling headphones which actually is detrimental to one’s vestibular system, but I’d rather have that wrecked than process noise. Was amased to see Tár with Cate Blanchett reference misophonia and Schopenhauer.
Noise pollution is evil.

Must pop this in here before poor little brain forgets: bro Nigel emailed me yesterday confirming that there is absolutely no kind of plot whatsoever in Yellowstone now. He’s still watching though.

Noise pollution is evil.

Must pop this in here before poor little brain forgets: bro Nigel emailed me yesterday confirming that there is absolutely no kind of plot whatsoever in Yellowstone now. He’s still watching though.
I’m largely with him in that the plot boils down to ‘try to keep land’, yet I’m enjoying the show more than ever.