The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
You are never again allowed to roll your eyes at anyone else's favourite movies.
Heh, who wins between a user with three 2010s films in their top 10 and a user with three in their top 100 (all in the bottom half)?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nine Lives (2016) was my 1-pointer. It didn't get good reviews, but I loved it. It's predictable at times, but it's so funny that I didn't care. Kevin Spacey was perfect as a cat named Mr. Fuzzypants, and Christopher Walken stole every scene he was in.

These are the movies that I've seen from the 1-Pointers list:
Cake (2014) - I was very impressed with Jennifer Aniston in this, and I considered this movie for my list.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) - This movie was good, but I thought the first movie was better.
21 Jump Street (2012) - This was a fun movie.
Iron Man 2 (2010) - This was okay, but I thought the other two Iron Man movies were better.
Upside Down (2012) - I love this movie, but unfortunately, it just missed my list.
Kitbull (2019) - I loved the story, but not the animation style.

Both Gifted (2017) and Danny Collins (2015) were on my watchlist, but I ran out of time before the deadline. I'm still planning to watch both of these movies.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I almost never play the "one-pointer" game and try to get something obscure or silly listed. Having run a couple of these, it is amazing how often a single point will be the difference in making a title jump up a whole place or even make the list at all. I don't waste that possibility just for the sake of making this first page. Never really understood the appeal, honestly.

The only time I ever succumbed was for the animated countdown when I got Hugo the Hippo a mention. But overall...not my thing.

Enjoy!
None of mine made a one pointer, but I didn't try for it either.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Here are a few questions:

1. What director do you think will be represented the most?

2. What year do you think will appear on this list the most?

3. What film do you think will be at #1? HINT: It's Mall Cop 2
My prediction:

1. Chris Nolan
2. 2014
3. Drive

Heh, who wins between a user with three 2010s films in their top 10 and a user with three in their top 100 (all in the bottom half)?
Yeah but the 3 I have are actually pretty good

Here are a few questions:

1. What director do you think will be represented the most?

2. What year do you think will appear on this list the most?

3. What film do you think will be at #1? HINT: It's Mall Cop 2

1. Martin Scorsese

2. 2018
3. Whiplash

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah but the 3 I have are actually pretty good
I'll give you Dredd and maybe Ex Machina, but I do not rate Interstellar at all. In any case, I'm sure we'll see how the overall ballots shake out.

So now what.. we wait until monday..?

My ballot breakdown..

2010 x2
2011 x4
2012 x2
2013 x2
2014 x5
2015 x4
2016 x2
2017 x1
2018 x1
2019 x2

Drama x5
Sci-Fi x4
Mystery x3
Adventure x2
Action x2
Crime x2
Comic Book Based x1
Thriller x1
Comedy x1
Fantasy x1
Martial Arts x1
Romance x1
Horror x1

My List:

#25. 'Corn Island' (2014)

Staggeringly beautiful film about identity and awakening. A stunning example of slow cinema. The first word isn't uttered until the 21st minute. An ethnic Georgian and his granddaughter set up a tiny home on one of the many islands created by the shifting silt of a river. They hope to grow crops and make a living, but external forces interrupt them.

It's possibly a parable for a changing Georgian society and there is something very Tarkovsky about the image composition.

8.7/10

I would have included it somewhere on my ballott anyway. But thought I'd chuck it in at #25 to see if anyone else voted for it.

1. Its got to be Denis Villeneuve, partly cause he probably made more films than every other director, and they're all ridiculously good.
There are quite a few directors who have made more films than Villeneuve in 2010 - 2020! Whether their films are all better than his is another matter though.

Not seen many of the one-pointers, a mere five to be exact.

Tucker And Dale vs Evil was on my long list but ended up not making the cut, The Burden was a surprisingly likeable nom in the 2010s Group Watch thread but wasn't in the running for my ballot as its a short and I choose not to include them, Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows was an ok watch but never under consideration, Revenge has some decent moments of gore but sadly really didn't work for me overall.

And that leaves Gureitofuru deddo [Greatful Dead] which was my #25, an offbeat Japanese tale that probably won't be to most people's taste but I find it an enjoyable watch (the shift into horror in the final third is nice imo) and I was very surprised to find had no ratings for either critic or user on RT when I looked at the films on my ballot over there.

didn't shoot for a one-pointer but got it anyway lol. mine was In Fabric.
Nice to see a Peter Strickland make the list. I enjoyed In Fabric and its' allegory of the death of the British high street. Didn't make my ballot though.

My List:

#25. 'Corn Island' (2014)

Staggeringly beautiful film about identity and awakening. A stunning example of slow cinema. The first word isn't uttered until the 21st minute. An ethnic Georgian and his granddaughter set up a tiny home on one of the many islands created by the shifting silt of a river. They hope to grow crops and make a living, but external forces interrupt them.

It's possibly a parable for a changing Georgian society and there is something very Tarkovsky about the image composition.

8.7/10

I would have included it somewhere on my ballott anyway. But thought I'd chuck it in at #25 to see if anyone else voted for it.
I'm always looking for new "international" stuff to watch for my challenges, so I'm adding this to my watchlist.

I'm always looking for new "international" stuff to watch for my challenges, so I'm adding this to my watchlist.
I hope you find a good copy. I don't think it ever got a blu ray release sadly.

I always try to include a one pointer in my lists, on the condition that it's a film I genuinely love. I think it's a cool way to give a spotlight to a lesser known artist/piece of film. This time I went for Cheatin' (2013) by the great animation director Bill Plympton. There's just something about his weird and highly original style that I absolutely adore. That's why I reserved my #25 for his most recent feature length animation (which he had full control over). I also happen to think it's some of his best work. I'm sure most of you would enjoy it as well. It's unique but also highly accessible cinema. Give it a try!