Concerts you've been to (Music, Standup, etc.)

Tools    

My best one was watching these guys:

This one but it has been my favorite concert so far though plan to go to many others in the next few years now that I am in the US I have more access to metal concerts than in Brazil: even though fewer people in proportion listen to metal, they have more $$ so more bands come here . Now I can indulge myself in metal properly: watching the real thing. It sounds a million times heavier live though my ears always feel like they would blow up after.

Some other ones that I found memorable:

Trollfest (Norwegian folk metal)
Bod Dylan (went with a friend who is a fan but I didn't care much, American folk)
Nenhum de Nos (Brazilian pop rock)
Planeta Atlantida (3 times, it's a Brazilian concert festival where Brazilian rock bands play as well as some artists of other genres of Brazilian music)
Kamelot (American symphonic progressive power metal )
Iron Maiden (British heavy metal)
Judas Priest (British heavy metal)
Helloween (German power metal)
Korpiklaani (Finnish folk metal)
Dragonforce (British power metal)

over the years - The Four Tops, The Temptations, Queen, Elton John, Dylan, Springsteen, James Brown, Buster Rhymes, Rahzel, Martha Reeves as well as loads of local bands

Nice one I went to was the late Tony Benn doing his 'evening with Tony Benn' tour back in 2008. Good bloke,

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Van Halen 1980 Eugene,OR

Dio
Whitesnake
(same show) 1984 Portland, OR

Jane's Addiction
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Ice-T - Body Count
Violent Femmes
Fishbone
The Butthole Surfers
The Rollins Band
Lollapalooza 1991 Enumclaw, WA

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Lush
Pearl Jam
Ice Cube
Ministry
Soundgarden
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Lollapalooza 1992 Bremerton, WA

Siouxsie and the Banshees 1995 Seattle, WA

White Zombie
Pantera
War of the Gargantuans 1996 George, WA

Iron Maiden
Queensr˙che
Halford
(same show) 2000 Tacoma, WA

Slayer
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Ozzfest 2004 Auburn, WA

Queensr˙che 2008 Auburn, WA

Skinny Puppy 2014 Seattle, WA

Sleater-Kinney 2015 Seattle, WA

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I knew I would forget some.

Collective Soul
1999 Puyallup, WA

Motörhead
2000 Seattle, WA

Nickel Creek
2003 Seattle, Wa

David Bowie
2004 Seattle, WA

Stone Temple Pilots
2008 Seattle, WA

Radiohead
2012 Seattle, WA

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Styx at the Garden in the early 80's -- good times and lots of lighters thrust up in the air on this one!

A system of cells interlinked
Rush x 6 (HyF, Presto twice, Roll the Bones twice, Counterparts) - I have tickets for R40, as well.
Ozzy Ozbourne x 2 (Bark at the Moon, No Rest for the Wicked)
Motley Crue x2 (Shout at the Devil, Theater of Pain)
Ratt and Bon Jovi
Iron Maiden x 2 (Powerslave, Fear of the Dark)
Pink Floyd x 2 (1988, 1994)
Lalapalooza 1996
Ozzfest 1998 I think? Tool played there...
Tool x 3
Live
Garbage
Dave Matthews Band (Crash)
Incubus (Science)
David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails
Concrete Blonde
The Heads (Talking Heads without Byrne - J Napolitano on vocal)
Queensryche x 4 (Empire, Promised Land, Hear in the Now Frontier, Mindcrime II)
Metallica , FnM, GnR (Early 90s)
Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Alice in Chains @ Monsters of Rock
Megadeth x3
Lights x 6 (Sorry, guilty pleasure)
Dark Tranquillity x2 (Construct tour both times)
Insomnium
Omnium Gatherum

And many more... lots of club shows etc...

I need to go eat!

Avenged Sevenfold - Quebec (2013)
Billy Talent - Quebec (2014)

The People's Republic of Clogher
We supported Morrissey once. A low point in both our careers...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I must have seen my last concert around then, because America was the last concert I saw. Either 2015 or 2016. I wanted to see Chicago last summer, and they are coming this spring, but I don't see it being a possibility.

You ready? You look ready.
Elton John
Cher
Warped Tour 2007
Bad Religion x 4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k95h66aid...%2010.mov?dl=0

@Sedai was supposed to go with me to this back in 2015, but he got sick so I gave his ticket to some Eastern Bloc dude behind me in line who didn't speak a lick of English. When I got home I had $1 left in my checking account. I ain't never been more impressed by my budgeting than I was then. Made that trip when I was slightly above the poverty level, and it is still one of my greatest memories ever.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The only stand up act I've seen live was Gallagher, which I want to say was sometime in the early 1990's.

As for concerts:

Huey Lewis and the News (I was in high school, so somewhere in the mid to late 90s)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (4 times. I want to say the first time was somewhere around 2000 and the last was probably in 2010.)
Fleetwood Mac (3 times, all on the Say You Will tour, which I believe was 2003-2004)
Lindsey Buckingham (5 times total. 2006, 2007, 2008 and twice in 2011, including one trip to Los Angeles for a one off show)
Walter Egan (3 times An artist that had a few hits, the biggest was "Magnet and Steel." I've flown to Tennessee twice to see him and have seen him once here in California too. The first time was probably 9 years ago. The last I think was 2014.)
Bob Seger (2006, I think. Face the Promise tour.)
Aerosmith (2005 ish. I think.)
Creed (Human Clay tour, whenever the hell that was)
Gin Blossoms (2010. They played at my town's community center. They sucked.)
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood (2009 I think)
Hinder (opened for Aerosmith, they were awful)
Steve Azar (country artist, opened for Bob Seger. He was good)
Joe Cocker (opened for Tom Petty, I want to say that was 2010 but not sure)
Steve Earle (opened for Petty, I want to say that was the first TPATH show I went to)
Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts (2001. Russell Crowe's old band. Weird show. Started with an aboriginal dancer in a loin cloth, then some dude came out and told jokes, then Crowe's then girlfriend and now ex-wife Danielle Spencer came out and did a set, then the band came on. In between each act they blasted Men At Work's "Land Down Under" at near deafening levels on the speakers.)

I think that's all of them.

I would be able to add Colllective Soul, Full Devil Jacket, and The Black Crows to this list since they were opening acts at some of the shows I attended, but sadly due to circumstances beyond my control, I arrived late and missed them.
Looking at this post from 2015, it seems I've only been to 2 concerts in the last 7 years and they were both Lindsey Buckingham. I saw him in 2018 and again earlier this year, so that makes 7 times that I've seen him now.

Being 64 and living in the Detroit area, willing to bet I've seen well over 500 shows. No way to remember them all. Just mention some multiples:

Frank Zappa, Cowboy Junkies, J Giels Band (5)
Foghat, Bob Segar, Rush, Allman Bros, BTO (4)

1st: Great White
2nd (same day): Dokken
Left a Tesla one
3rd: Van Halen and the Kenny Shapherd Band
4th: Meat Loaf
5th: Queensryche and Vince Neil
6th: Robert Plant
7th: Journey and Def Leppard

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I'm going to present bands I've seen more than once separately.

Metallica - seen live three times
  • 1999, June 11th - Plovdiv Stadium, Plovdiv
  • 2008, July 25th - Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia
  • 2010, June 22nd - Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia (Hedlined Sonisphere Festival, before them on the stage were Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) - This concert was recorded and released on DVD.

The venue of the first concert (1999), Plovdiv Stadium in the city of Plovdiv:

The venue of the second and third concerts (2008/2010), Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia:

A photo of the gig in 2010. I was on the grand stand below the canopy.

The DVD release of the Sonisphere Festival 2010:

Looking at this post from 2015, it seems I've only been to 2 concerts in the last 7 years and they were both Lindsey Buckingham. I saw him in 2018 and again earlier this year, so that makes 7 times that I've seen him now.
Wait, that’s not right. I’ve also seen the folk singer Ondara three times. He was calling himself J.S. Ondara at the time. He was the opening act for Buckingham in 2018 and I saw him twice more after that.

You ready? You look ready.
Still mad I missed that show with @John McClane!
yeah, it was a wild time. i ran into the lead singer of one of their opening acts and the nicest dude to ever walk the planet (Jay Bentley). also got to watch a dude rush the stage from the side and then jump off into the crowd. and then i got to watch security bounce his ass

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Whitesnake - seen live five times
  • 2003, June 14th - Akademik Stadium, Sofia
  • 2008, July 4th - Akademik Stadium, Sofia
  • 2011, July 8th - CSKA Stadium, Sofia
  • 2015, Nov 24th - Indoor Arena Armeec, Sofia
  • 2019, June 29th - Hills of Rock, open air summer rock festival - Plovdiv

The site of the Hills of Rock festival in Plovdiv where Whitesnake headlined the second day in 2019:

photo of the gig in 2019:

-----

Arena Armeec, the venue for their 2015 concert:

photo of the gig in 2015:

-----

CSKA Stadium, the venue for their 2011 concert (part of Sofia Rocks Fest):

-----

Akademik Stadium, the venue for their 2003 and 2008 concerts (the stage was in front of this grand stand):

-----

-----

See Also:
My Metallica concerts
-----