Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Probably half the films on my list will make the countdown (I have access to the results, but I'm mainly just checking the top 20).

I can't see the results, but I know what's on my Top 100 list, and I think some of these movies don't have much of a chance to make the countdown.

I think there's a good chance that 20 or so of the movies I voted for make it onto the list. I'll probably be proven wrong on that, and end up with fewer, but I've got pretty good hope for it.

Have received the reminder from @Yoda

My dear sir, I have WFH tomorrow and I promise to spend that time finalising my list, which currently stands at 32, and submitting it tomorrow itself, before the footie begins in the evening.

My list is surprisingly loaded with Ryan Gosling.

Also a movie from the group recommendations thread, which @SpelingError wonderfully ran, has found its way in my list. I won't tell which.

Also a movie from the group recommendations thread, which @SpelingError wonderfully ran, has found its way in my list. I won't tell which.
It will be cool if at least one or two of the films in that thread make the countdown.

My Top 25 has been submitted!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

My list is surprisingly loaded with Ryan Gosling.
I have a number of actors who appear in multiple films on my list but the one who seems to show up the most is Sebastian Stan.

I think around half my list will make it.

Obviously Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio appear multiple times on my ballot, but I was kind of surprised that I ended up with only one Tom Hardy movie and no Russell Crowe.

I think half of my list will make it. I knowingly put a decent amount of underdogs in there that I love, even though I know they won't make it.

Quickly scanning the list, I can only see one notable leading actor that's in two of the films from my list.

A system of cells interlinked
Obviously Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio appear multiple times on my ballot, but I was kind of surprised that I ended up with only one Tom Hardy movie and no Russell Crowe.
Perhaps a Tom Hardy movie that also feature Leo?

Perhaps a Tom Hardy movie that also feature Leo?
I rewatched both Inception and The Revenant before I voted. My rating for Inception dropped from a
to a
. My rating for The Revenant remained at
, but there are at least 25 films from the 2010s that I like more than it. So no DiCaprio/Hardy co-starring movies on my ballot.

How come the dramatic drop in rating for Inception?
Honestly, I'm not sure why I loved it before. After I rewatched it, I searched MoFo to see what I'd previously written about it and couldn't find much of anything except a 4.5 rating from a rewatch in December of 2010.

This time I found it overlong, convoluted (thus requiring far too much exposition), and it came off as being really slick and cold. Some of the visuals were cool and DiCaprio and Hardy both looked great, but overall I was really bored by it.

I'm close to being done on my list. Right now, my top 20 films are what'd really be my top 20 of the decade and 21-25 will be filled with films I want to drop points for. I suspect I might be the only person to have my 25 on a list.

Got a couple of entries to finish that I am in the process of watching. Might make a bit of a push in the last day or two. But I will have a list for the deadline.

The truth is in here
I have my real 25 too. I can never bring myself to cheat just to get a one-pointer. However, this might actually turn out the first time I really do get a one-pointer in.

I also submit an actual top 25 too.

I never vote for a movie just to get a one pointer, instead I narrow it down to my genuine 25 favorites and then choose one of those films that I feel is either obscure or unpopular and move that down to #25 even though I might like it more than some of the others.