Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

What's the target goal? 80?
A hundred I think, like most of the other countdowns

Hard to have a target other than "highest ever" (which would be exactly 100). I guess realistically these days I expect between 70-90 pretty much every time, though, since all of the last four have been in that range.

We saw a big bump for the all-time refresh list, obviously, for a few reasons: big re-do, broader appeal, I got heavily involved, an exceptional amount of work went into it, etc.

I think the new tech on the display of the reveals, combined with the ballot software, has helped keep a lot of that momentum going in the three lists since even though they didn't have those same advantages/novelties.

Oh, target as in ballots
Pretty obvious to me that we'll get exactly 87 for this one. Or, perhaps, another number.

It just does not feel like December yet to me for some reason.
Must be those balmy above zero temps lulling you into thinking it's still November

Must be those balmy above zero temps lulling you into thinking it's still November
For real though, the unseasonably "warm" temps might actually have something to do with it. Though I'd wager it's mainly me living in my own bubble, ignoring reality lol.

Also my neighbours still have their Halloween decorations up.

Better a few days away than a few weeks ago.
Very true!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've narrowed my list down from 100 movies to 44 movies, but I still have a few movies left that I want to rewatch before finalizing my list.

The next person to submit their ballot wins a free cookie.
What does the last person to submit their ballot win?

I've narrowed my list down from 100 movies to 44 movies, but I still have a few movies left that I want to rewatch before finalizing my list.

What does the last person to submit their ballot win?
The official MoFo slacker award.

I'm not slacking.

I'm working hard to get my list right. (But I'll probably have the least number of movies on my list that make the countdown.)
Probably half the films on my list will make the countdown (I have access to the results, but I'm mainly just checking the top 20).