80s Movie with evil character Melissa and good character Cassie

Tools    

Hi, so this is a tricky one, my partner Cassie was telling me how she got her name. Turns out her name was meant to be Melissa but her mom was apparently watching a “crappy” horror movie in the 80’s when she was pregnant and Melissa turned out to be evil and Cassie was good so she decided on Cassie. That is all i have to go off of. I dont know what the spelling of Cassie or Melissa wouldve been in the movie. i have been scouring the internet with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

She was born early 1987. Thanks so much for helping!

I wouldn't think it would be a well known one like Slumber Party Massacre or April Fool's Day. How about ...

One Dark Night?

Happy Birthday To Me?

The Midnight Hour?

Question: Is her birth name Cassie or Cassandra?

I might be following a red herring, but Cassandra Peterson is......Elvira. I don't know of any 'serious' horror movies Elivira's been in, so her movies might, I said MIGHT, be considered crappy. She that might be a lead to follow.

Thankyou for you help!. Her birth name is Cassie as its spelt. I was told the character names were Melissa and cassie but it couldve been Cassandra i guess.

There is Hard Rock Zombies from 1985, so it fits the timeframe. It has an IMDB rating of 4.4, so I think that fits the crappy horror movie level.

And the heroine is Cassie. I don't see any Melissa in the cast list though. There is an Elsa, but I don't know if she's evil in this movie. Maybe her mom misremembered the first name she was going to use.

Here's the plot description:
A hard rock band travels to the tiny and remote town of Grand Guignol to perform. Peopled by hicks, rubes, werewolves, murderous dwarves, sex perverts, and Hitler, the town is a strange place but that doesn't stop the band's lead singer from falling in love with a local girl named Cassie. After Nazi sex perverts kill the band to satisfy their lusts, Cassie calls the rockers back from the grave to save her, the town, and maybe the world.