Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

Man I haven't watched any of the movies I was planning on watching for the countdown! The worst. That's okay I have a pretty good solid top 30 to be whittled down to 25.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Once me get more ballots in, that should break most of the ties.
Thoughts on the current top 10 / 20? Is it predictable or no?

Thoughts on the current top 10 / 20? Is it predictable or no?
It's too early to call. I'm sure that half of the films currently in the top 10 will be booted off by the time the rest of the ballots come in. I'm particularly surprised by the current film at #1 as I didn't realize it was popular around here (I haven't seen it though). I don't think it will stay at #1, but I'm sure a few of the other films currently in the top 10 will remain there by the end of this.

I will be surprised if Parasite and Fury Road aren’t 1 and 1A. Here’s my guess for the rest of the top ten in no particular order: LA La Land, Moonlight, Tree Of Life, Shape Of Water, The Master, Call Me By Your Name, Wolf Of Wall Street, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

The trick is not minding
I’ll say Scorsese, Tarantino, Villeneuve, PT Anderson and maybe Malick will be the most represented. I think Bong Joon-Ho has a good chance to have 2 films listed (Parasite and Snowpiercer)

The top ten will have a mix of those directors films, I’m sure.

There's a month left before the deadline for this countdown (December 12). Due to this, I would highly recommend preparing your ballots now. One month may seem like a lot of time, but trust me, it'll fly by much faster than you think. For instance, if you have some free time today or this week, that would be a great time to begin assembling your ballots, provided you haven't started yet.

Also, you're all welcome to join the Group Watch thread for this countdown, even if you choose to only participate in a couple rounds of it. The thread has done very well so far and most of the main contributors of it have enjoyed it quite a bit. Here's a list of the current nominations which have been submitted for it. Also, here's the current film we have lined up (see me if you need a link to it).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Parasite is a lock for my top five. I hope it does very well.
Parasite did very well in the Foreign Language movie countdown. Recency bias? Possibly. I feel like that will be less of an issue on the 2010s list, as everything you could possibly vote for is relatively recent.

I have watched pretty much none of the movies I was going to watch for this but I have enough movies vying for my ballot that that won't be a problem.

It's ok to submit a ballot of 35, right...?

Parasite did very well in the Foreign Language movie countdown. Recency bias? Possibly. I feel like that will be less of an issue on the 2010s list, as everything you could possibly vote for is relatively recent.

I have watched pretty much none of the movies I was going to watch for this but I have enough movies vying for my ballot that that won't be a problem.

It's ok to submit a ballot of 35, right...?
Yeah, I'm curious how well Parasite will do on this list. It should probably make it in the top 10.

Also, the maximum number of films you can vote for is 25. The minimum number of films you can vote for is 10.

Not sure I can manage a full list of 250 but I'll give it as good a go as I can

Not sure I can manage a full list of 250 but I'll give it as good a go as I can
I was originally going to say 25 / 10 = 2.5, but then you would have to nominate half of a film.

I was originally going to say 25 / 10 = 2.5, but then you would have to nominate half of a film.
Interstellar was 2010s right?