Movies that Disappointed You After Viewing?

Tools    

Wasn't that the plot of Mean Girls?
Cap, you're seriously psychic! I just got a streaming movie service with nothing but crap on it and the only movie my wife said looked OK was Mean Girls. I've not seen it myself, but now I just might have to watch it

Cap, you're seriously psychic! I just got a streaming movie service with nothing but crap on it and the only movie my wife said looked OK was Mean Girls. I've not seen it myself, but now I just might have to watch it
Mean Girls is GREAT!

I recommend you see it ASAP!

Now, I used to list it under "guilty pleasures" only because it's embarrassing for a middle age man to admit he really likes Mean Girls since it's a movie about and mostly targeted toward teens & girls.
But I hand it to Tina Fey and everyone in the movie - it's very well done. I would rate it one of the top teen movies alongside a few classic John Hughes films.

Now I can't wait to read a review of Mean Girls by @Citizen Rules!
I'm working on it!
I just watched a movie last night that I heard about 37 years ago but never got around to watching it...Desperately Seeking Susan. Interesting but good have been so much better.

I'm working on it!
I just watched a movie last night that I heard about 37 years ago but never got around to watching it...Desperately Seeking Susan. Interesting but good have been so much better.
I always avoided movies with Madonna in them.

I always avoided movies with Madonna in them.
Yeah I hear ya, I'm not a fan of hers either. Though her self absorbed, brash, do-anything-to-draw-attention personality did fit her character to a tee.

I'm working on it!
Good movie I thought. Loved the scene where Madonna dries her armpits under the air blower.

Now I can't wait to read a review of Mean Girls by @Citizen Rules!
I watched Mean Girls last night. I'd never seen it before, I liked it too!...I liked how it was encapsulated in this very narrow worldview 'girl world' as it occurred in their high school. It was like one of my favorite sub genres, submarine movies By that I mean the character tropes were all confined to this narrow part of the world in this one high school with little happening of any importance outside of their high school submarine. Even though we see the parents we only see them through the eyes of the 'plastics' the popular in girls. I like movies that stay focused on a very specific subject and that's one reason why I liked Mean Girls.

As the story progresses and Cady (Lindsay Lohan) the outsider who was home schooled in Africa learns the ropes and join's the plastics, the film reminded me of Zardoz. Seriously! Even though my school was not at all like the school in Mean Girls I found that there was a lot that I could relate to in the movie, more so than most movies I watched. So yeah count me as a fan of Mean Girls!

I watched Mean Girls last night. I'd never seen it before, I liked it too!...I liked how it was encapsulated in this very narrow worldview 'girl world' as it occurred in their high school. It was like one of my favorite sub genres, submarine movies By that I mean the character tropes were all confined to this narrow part of the world in this one high school with little happening of any importance outside of their high school submarine. Even though we see the parents we only see them through the eyes of the 'plastics' the popular in girls. I like movies that stay focused on a very specific subject and that's one reason why I liked Mean Girls.

As the story progresses and Cady (Lindsay Lohan) the outsider who was home schooled in Africa learns the ropes and join's the plastics, the film reminded me of Zardoz. Seriously! Even though my school was not at all like the school in Mean Girls I found that there was a lot that I could relate to in the movie, more so than most movies I watched. So yeah count me as a fan of Mean Girls!
This is why I love your reviews, Rules... I think you are the only person who can draw parallels between Mean Girls, submarine movies and Zardoz!

I'm glad it didn't disappoint (referring back to the thread's title).

This is why I love your reviews, Rules... I think you are the only person who can draw parallels between Mean Girls, submarine movies and Zardoz!

I'm glad it didn't disappoint (referring back to the thread's title).
I'm disappointed that I didn't watch it sooner

I'm disappointed that I didn't watch it sooner
Me too!

Not to derail this thread, but this got me thinking about the history of teen movies.

In the golden age of cinema, they largely didn't exist (at least not as a genre we think of today). Sure, there were movies with teenagers in them, but very few focused on teens or were aimed toward teens, with the exception of the Mickey Rooney / Judy Garland musical jaunts.

In the 50's, teen movies seemed more like public service warnings about juvenile delinquency (the big issue during a relatively calm social period between wars) or the dangers of premarital sex (without ever really saying the words) and sometimes about the burgeoning danger of illegal drug use among youth. Most teen movies of the 50's were not comedies, but were filled with angst, focused on forbidden love and often had an ominous tone. (Black Board Jungle, Rebel Without A Cause, A Summer Place).

There were still ominous warning movies about teens in the 60's, but things began to change with the advent of teen comedies & musicals as the rock & roll of the 50's began to seem more benign to the older generation and the years of psychedelic funk & the sexual revolution hadn't really fully set in yet. Beach movies like the Gidget series, and Frankie & Annette films became all the rage.

The 70's probably ushered in what we think of as modern teen movies, although American Graffiti, Grease and Cooley High were really period pieces about being a teen in what was even then a bygone age.

The 80's was the heyday for the modern teen comedy (with too many classics to list) that really formulated what has been a lasting genre for a few decades.

And that's my brief synopsis on the history of teen movies.

The Shining, Space Odyssey, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings

not a fan of DC but when i went to see the batman (robert pattiinson) with my support worker , i didnt like the movie he didnt do enough fighting like hes use to, i always think chritian bale always perfect as batman

To be honest, I didn't have that. I always take something useful for myself after watching a movie. Or I just stop watching from the moment where I was not interested.

OMG! There really is a Rochelle, Rochelle..."a young girl's erotic journey from Milan to Minsk"
The sequel is called RochElla Enchanted: the 2nd to last Catwoman's erotic journey from "Princess" to "Prada"!