RIP Angela Lansbury

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
R.I.P
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

No way I thought Angela Lansbury would never die, she just seemed to be eternal.

My mom enjoyed Murder, She Wrote.
My mum did too.

Sad. I loved her as a baddie. And saw her and George Hearn in Sweeney Todd at a local theater. I too felt like she was eternal.

96 is a good run.

Even as a young woman you could see the face she would grow into.

I had a feeling this one was coming....I'm crushed...a show business legend without peer...movies, television, Broadway, she did it all. Saw her on Broadway myself as Mama Rose in Gypsy and as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd. And the movies...Gaslight, Til the Clouds Roll By, The Harvey Girls, State of the Union, The Reluctant Debutante, Blue Hawaii, The Manchurian Candidate. This woman stepped in front of a camera or onstage and created magic...always. Through the magic of syndication, I have even recently become acquainted with Murder She Wrote. Where I live, two episodes are shown back to back every morning at 5:00 AM. Pretty sure the theater district will go dark tonight. There are no words to express how much I'm going to miss this extraordinary entertainer. RIP, Dame Angela.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I would have loved to have seen her in Sweeney Todd on stage. I have the DVD of that version with George Hearn, and it's one of my favorite DVDs/stories. Time for a rewatch, methinks, in her honor.

Spent many an hour of my childhood riding with her on a bed.

Requiescat in pace Angela!

Wow, such a talented lady, and so many movies seen with her. I had totally forgotten she was in The World of Henry Orient with Peter Sellers, which I need to see it again. So funny in Blue Hawaii. I liked her in a couple of early movies of hers, where she was actually very beautiful, those being Gaslight and The Picture of Dorian Gray. So freaking evil in The Manchurian Candidate and so delightful in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, which remains one of my very favorites of hers. And every time I would visit my Mom and Dad on the night of Murder, She Wrote, it was always on in the background. I don't think I've ever watched a complete episode of that, but it was comforting to hear her voice in the background as the family visited. Always a presence on the television or cable, it hard to think of her gone but her work will live on.

Godspeed, Angela.

One of the greats! I've seen Angela in a number of old classics and always enjoyed her performances. I'll remember her most as a guest on a late night show where she talked about her career and filming Gaslight....Thanks for the fond memories!

Oh, damn. One of the greats of Britain...
I’ll wager most people have no idea she was British.