Whats the weather like today where you live?

Tools    

Rainy, damp and cold in NJ (supposedly the remnants of Hurricane Ian).

My observations of "climate change" in recent years - the transitions of seasons seem so drastic & sudden. It seems like we go from ice on the roads to being able to fry an egg on them in a matter of weeks, and vice versa. I keep saying we don't have spring or fall anymore, only the dog days of summer and icy chill of winter.

My observations of "climate change" in recent years - the transitions of seasons seem so drastic & sudden. It seems like we go from ice on the roads to being able to fry an egg on them in a matter of weeks, and vice versa. I keep saying we don't have spring or fall anymore, only the dog days of summer and icy chill of winter.
Chaos theory. I first heard about that theory in the late 1980s on a Nova PBS show. I didn't understand most of it, but what I did learn I've not forgotten. The more energy that is put into a system the wider the energy shifts/swings are, that was one aspect of the Chaos theory.

NOVA PBS | Air Date: January 31, 1989 Summary: The Strange New Science of Chaos from the show NOVA explains a new type of science which deals with chaotic happenings in nature. Topics that are covered include the human brain and weather. Both of these seemingly simple things have baffled even the best researchers for generations with their unique behavior.
You can watch it legally on the Internet Archives here:
https://archive.org/details/TheStrangeNewScienceofChaos

Would imagine we have the same as NJ.

54 today feeling like 50 with NNE 15 mph winds. Yesterday was brutal & today is not much better. If it’s the tail-end of Ian I can live with that, but if we’ve totally skipped Fall that’s not good. (Wednesday & Thursday will be 74 degrees so go figure.)

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Perfect. I was outside for about 5 hours today.

been cloudy and showers all day D=
Same here in Connecticut. Tomorrow & Friday temps are shooting up to 70+, which is rather bizarre, but I’m looking forward to this.

Somewhat cool, but not cold. Still with my shorts and t-shirts during the days. Under my blanket for sleeping, though.

Beautiful Columbus Day holiday in NJ right now = 67 degrees, low humidity, clear skies!
Cool in the shade, but warm in the sun - not uncomfortable either way. But we are at jacket temps in the evenings now.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
82F, currently. blue skies and a light breeze. Nights have dropped to the low 50s for the last week or so. MEOW MEOW MEOW.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Somewhat cool, but not cold. Still with my shorts and t-shirts during the days. Under my blanket for sleeping, though.
I gave up shorts & tees at the end of August.