Hereditary (2018)
The House That Jack Built (2018)
The Banana Splits Movie (2019)
Midsommar (2019)

The Babadook (2014)
Hereditary (2018)
Midsommar (2019)
I've seen the following. One of them will make my ballot for sure and I might consider a second one.

The Banana Splits Movie (2019)
I don't really do horror, but I just watched the trailer for this and looks like it might just be weird enough to entertain me. I have a lot of my plate but I might check it out.

Midsommar (2019)
A friend of mine's been bugging me to watch this since it came out. I guess I'm finally gonna take the plunge on it. Maybe even today.

Since it is October 1st, here are some horror recommendations from the 2010s:

The Babadook (2014)
Crimson Peak (2015)
The Lure (2015)
The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)
The Neon Demon (2016)
Hereditary (2018)
Midsommar (2019)
Seen these, and none will be on my ballot.

Out of curiosity, how many films on your ballot do you think you'll be the only one voting for?
With the top 100 comedy countdown, they simply abandoned revealing the complete list, so there is no way to verify whether or not your choices were popular or not, but I'll say six or seven.

To slightly alter SpelingError's question . . . I’ll say 21 of my picks won’t appear in the final top 100.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Out of curiosity, how many films on your ballot do you think you'll be the only one voting for?

If history from previous countdowns is any indication, probably about 15.

Paste Magazine's 100 Best Movies of the 2010s

I will say, my last pre-October viewing was Burning.

I did think that one was really good, and is at least in consideration for my ballot.

Crucial question.. Which movies are on ALL the different 2010's lists posted in this thread?
While it's way beyond what's been posted in this thread, TSPDT has a running best of the century list going: https://www.theyshootpictures.com/21...ilms_table.php
"It has been compiled from the multiple lists/ballots of 3,806 critics/sources."
So I suppose you could sort it by year and get an idea, at least year by year, what would have the most appearances on separate lists. If you were so inclined to do so.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I've seen 31 of these movies, but only 5 of those have a chance to make my list.

I've seen 68 of these, 2 of which will almost certainly make my list and a few others that might be contenders.

I have a question for the Star Wars fans. I've seen the first two trilogies, but I've fallen behind on most of the newer Star Wars movies. Are any of the Star Wars movies from the 2010s worth watching for this countdown?

And the the Marvel (MCU) fans, I have the same question about the Marvel movies, Are any of the 2010s MCU movies worth watching for this countdown?

I have a question for the Star Wars fans. I've seen the first two trilogies, but I've fallen behind on most of the newer Star Wars movies. Are any of the Star Wars movies from the 2010s worth watching for this countdown?

And the the Marvel (MCU) fans, I have the same question about the Marvel movies, Are any of the 2010s MCU movies worth watching for this countdown?

For me Rogue One. It was my favourite Star Wars movie. And the story is about events leading up to The New Hope.

As for MCU movies, the best movies need you to at least catch up on the past story. One thing you can do is watch YouTube summaries. Those 10 minute long videos that help you catch up on previous Marvel movies.
Of the ones worth watching. (Again personal opinion)
Captain America Civil War, but it needs you have knowledge of previous movies.

Thor Ragnarok could do without seeing earlier films, as long as you know who Thor, Loki and Hulk are. And how Hulk landed there.

Though not technically from the MCU universe Logan and Spiderman into the Spiderverse are good shouts too.

For me Rogue One. It was my favourite Star Wars movie. And the story is about events leading up to The New Hope.
So does Rogue One take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope? I have it on DVD, but I haven't watched it yet, but I'll bump it up on my watchlist for this countdown.

As for MCU movies, the best movies need you to at least catch up on the past story. One thing you can do is watch YouTube summaries. Those 10 minute long videos that help you catch up on previous Marvel movies.
Of the ones worth watching. (Again personal opinion)
Captain America Civil War, but it needs you have knowledge of previous movies.

Thor Ragnarok could do without seeing earlier films, as long as you know who Thor, Loki and Hulk are. And how Hulk landed there.

Though not technically from the MCU universe Logan and Spiderman into the Spiderverse are good shouts too.

I've seen some of the MCU movies, but not all of them. (I started watching them in order as they were released, but then I missed a couple, and I started jumping around to catch up.) I've seen all three Iron Man movies, The Avengers and Avengers: Infinity War, but I haven't seen Avengers: Endgame yet.

I saw Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: Civil War, and I saw the first Thor movie, but I haven't seen Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok yet. (But I have it on DVD, so I'll bump that on my watchlist too.)

I've seen Logan, but I haven't seen Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse yet, so I'll add it to my watchlist. (But I've seen all the Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland Spiderman movies.)

Thanks for the help.