Social experiment movie about power

Tools    

Looking for this movie in which a group of young men are given roles of guards and prisoners. The whole premise of the movie is to show how power can corrupt men. Needless to say, they don't exactly end up as the nicest guards out there. I remember one scene in which they force one of the inmates who doesn't curse to say a swear word. He's probably religious.

I didn't really like the movie that much. It was boring, redundant and uneventful. It's certainly amusing how the guards suddenly become a bunch of Percy Wetmores.

It's an old movie. 90s or 2000s, if I had to guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Experiment

So this is one movie based on the famous Stanford Prison Experiment. I think there might be others out there. I know, for example, that Veronica Mars had an episode based on the experiment.

I think there was both a documentary made about the experiment and then a movie. I think I recall seeing parts of the documentary many years ago on PBS.

It kind of reminded me of how I saw a documentary about Flight 93 on TV that contained dramatizations, then I went to the theater to see United 93 (2006) - while the movie was very well done, I found I actually thought the TV docu-drama was better.

Indeed, there are plenty of works about it.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the one I'm looking for is the 2015 movie, "The Stanford Prison Experiment". Not as old as I thought, if it's the one.

Thanks, fellas.