Bullet Train

Tools    

Bullet Train (2022). Opening nation wide on August 5, this looks like a fun action comedy starring Brad Pitt. Michael Shannon and S. Bullock are also in the cast. Could be a good one!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_Train_(film)

Welcome to the human race...
I'm going to end up seeing it at some point, but Leitch's solo career so far has been 0 for 3 in my estimation and this looks like a throwback to the kind of post-Tarantino ripoffs that try to coast on superficial zaniness and edginess to decidedly underwhelming effect.

I'm going to end up seeing it at some point, but Leitch's solo career so far has been 0 for 3 in my estimation and this looks like a throwback to the kind of post-Tarantino ripoffs that try to coast on superficial zaniness and edginess to decidedly underwhelming effect.
Likewise. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t make myself see it. Went to a restaurant last night 5 minutes away from the cinema and still didn’t go in the end.

I have no idea why I expected this to be good, but it was disappointingly bland and soulless. It felt like the film was forcing comedy into every scene and, as a result, most of the jokes fell flat. Not precisely terrible, but definitely meh.

Likewise. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t make myself see it. Went to a restaurant last night 5 minutes away from the cinema and still didn’t go in the end.
I bailed out last night.

I enjoyed the picture, but it was nothing special-- no reason to do a review of it. There were about as many gags that fell flat as did score. I'll watch anything that Brad Pitt is in (with the possible exception of Babylon). He did well with a questionable script. I was surprised at Michael Shannon's casting of a Russian mob boss. He couldn't quite get the accent.

But overall it was watchable despite some of its trite gags.

Welcome to the human race...
This is one of my least favourite films of 2022. Every gag falls flat (not surprising that it's done by the director of Deadpool 2), the action is terrible, and the plotting is messy (definitely does not need to be a full two hours).