The Conners

Tools    

Just watched ep 15...can't believe how the writers turned that college professor played by Matt Walsh into a pathetic bum in less than four episodes. Thank God, they ended this relationship because I wasn't buying it from the beginning. LOVED everything that happened between Dan and Chuck...effectively written and performed.+ I was afraid hearing about Anne Marie's illness would trigger thoughts of Roseanne for Dan, but I'm glad they kept him focused on his best friend. I've mentioned this before, but I'm so grateful that James Pickens Jr has found time to continue playing Chuck while still playing Richard Webber on Gray's Anatomy because he and John Goodman work so well together and Dan and Chuck really need each other. I also have to mention that I think Sara and the writers are destroying the Jackie character...she has been turned into a one-note nutcase. First I thought they were turning her into her mother, but she's even more infuriating than Beverly. Laurie Metcalf deserves better.

There was some funny stuff in ep 16 and the genesis of some really interesting storyline possibilities. When Jackie was trying to get help from Ben with the commercial, Ben seemed to have a calming influence on Jackie's crazy that it made me think what if he became partners with her in the Lunch Box? He could hire Dan to run the hardware store so he could focus on the Lunch Box and Jackie...yes, a possible new romantic interest for Ben since, at this point, there seems to be no going back to Darlene for him. Not to mention the fact that since Ben and Darlene broke up, the writers don't seem to know what to do with Ben, so how about Jackie. And I love the idea of Dan building a house for his daughters, but you have to wonder how weird this show will be with Becky and Darlene out of the house.

There was some weird stuff going on in ep 18...what was with all the negativity with Louise? I understand where Louise was coming from, but I think she was hard on Dan. I think she forgets sometimes everything that Dan has on his plate right now. I think Robin should be taking a little more responsibility for Darlene losing her job. I did think it was a little unrealistic that the company changed their minds so quickly about the raises, but I'm glad it worked out. Darlene really needs a break right now.

Just watch ep 19. I'm beginning to think it's no coincidence that Ben is still around even though he and Darlene broke up. A reconciliation could happen before the season is out. Mark wants to learn the contra bassoon? The contra bassoon? Seriously? That's truly bizarre and will be a dangling plotline in a matter of weeks. I don't know about Darlene, but Ben definitely still has feelings for her. Mark needs to stop dressing like it's still the 1960's. Christopher Lloyd was awesome as Mark's teacher...he might be worth tolerating this silly story, made sillier by the fact that, wasn't Mark a straight A student? He shouldn't have that much difficulty getting an academic scholarship. So glad that Dan is keeping an eye on his daughter, Darlene and his grandson, Mark. We all saw where the scene with Ben and Darlene was going, but it was perfection.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Just watch ep 19. I'm beginning to think it's no coincidence that Ben is still around even though he and Darlene broke up. A reconciliation could happen before the season is out. Mark wants to learn the contra bassoon? The contra bassoon? Seriously? That's truly bizarre and will be a dangling plotline in a matter of weeks. I don't know about Darlene, but Ben definitely still has feelings for her. Mark needs to stop dressing like it's still the 1960's. Christopher Lloyd was awesome as Mark's teacher...he might be worth tolerating this silly story, made sillier by the fact that, wasn't Mark a straight A student? He shouldn't have that much difficulty getting an academic scholarship. So glad that Dan is keeping an eye on his daughter, Darlene and his grandson, Mark. We all saw where the scene with Ben and Darlene was going, but it was perfection.

If I remember correctly, Mark is a straight A student, but he lost his chance for an academic scholarship for cheating when he was taking a test remotely, (on his laptop), and they saw a reflection of a sign that Darlene was holding up to help him. He wasn't cheating, but he got blamed for it anyway.

I didn't know that Neville was Louise's brother. Anyone else miss that? Really don't like that Jackie and Harris ruined what was supposed to be Ben and Darlene's big news. Really don't care about Harris and her deadbeat boyfriend. Actually, the idea of Darlene and Ben pretending to not be back together has some real comic potential if they do it right. Aldo's dad, Jessie, is still totally creepy and has got to go. Never noticed it until this episode, but the chemistry between Sara Gilbert nd Jay R Ferguson reminds me a lot of the chemistry between Roseanne and John Goodman. Aldo is a weenie, I can't for the life of me figure out what Harris sees in him. The scene where Dan confronted Darlene was freaking brilliant....Goodman was especially brilliant. Hopefully, the baby thing will be a dealbreaker for Harris and Aldo. Love that Neville thinks he can fix Jackie's relationship with Beverly. Excellent episode, best one in months.

Even though it's going to be fodder for a lot of laughs, there's no way all three couples are going to agree to every aspect of a triple wedding. Can't believe Neville wants to be married at the zoo. What's up with that shirt Jackie was wearing? Are they ever going to stop dressing Mark from the 1960's. Really hate the way Aldo is pressuring Harris into having a baby. Neville's meltdown was a little convenient. Loved Jackie and Darlene's opposing views on how Roseanne would feel about this wedding. The opera singer and the dueling officiants of the wedding were hysterical. Loved that a T-shirt was part of Darlene's wedding ensemble. Loved the closing credits too. Don't care what anyone says, this show still has some life in it.

The season five opener proved that this show still has some gas in the tank. Glad they updated the opening credits and included Ben. That opening scene was kind of odd though...why were Darlene and Ben being so mean to Jackie and Neville? I see Harris is just as snotty and entitled as she always was...she refuses to live with her mother, but just assumes it's Ok to live with Dan and Louise? Someone needs to teach Mark and Harris how to dress...sheesh. Whoa...Mark and Harris drinking together? Didn't see this coming...just flashed back to the ep from the first series where Becky and her friend Dana got drunk on something called a tornado. The whole "dueling honeymoons" thing seemed kind of out of character for Jackie and Darlene, but it was still funny. OK, are we supposed to believe that Becky knows who Hunter R Thompson is? Seriously? There are any number of other people the writers could have inserted in there that would have been more believable. I do like that this drinking binge brought Harris and Mark closer together. They really need each other. The final scene between Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf was lovely.

The Conners is a huge insult of a show. Jimmy Kimmel is even worse than Roseanne and he keeps his show. Twenty years prior, Dan was dead and Roseanne was alive, but now it is the other way around. I saw some episodes of this bad reboot, and it is very lacking.

I watched the real Roseanne show and it is great. Very fun and comforting to watch. In reality, Dan is dead and Roseanne is still alive.

I didn't really notice it until I began watching ep 2, but Michael Fishman is no longer in the opening credits...I'm not shocked, because they really weren't using him anyway, but is he going to continue as a director? OK, what's going on with Ben and Darlene is weird...during the original series, Darlene spent the first five seasons complaining about how she couldn't wait to get out of the house, now that she's married, she just wants to lay around the house? Neville never mentioned his menagerie to Jackie not once since they started dating? when did Jackie write a book? First we're hearing of this? "it's like living in a See and Say!" Neville's reason why he kept the animals from Jackie was stupid. Why does Darlene get to make all the rules regarding her and Ben's social life?

Glad Mark's ridiculous wardrobe was finally addressed in ep 3. I hate that Emilio is getting married...he's such a sweetheart and Becky never really deserved him. :I didn't black out because I was too sober." Glad to see they haven't completely forgotten that Becky is supposed to be in AA working the steps. "C'mon I've had three surgeries on my hand. At least you owe me a dinner." I'm glad Becky was honest with Harris, but Becky didn't deserve the treatment she received from Harris.

Glad Mark's ridiculous wardrobe was finally addressed in ep 3. I hate that Emilio is getting married...he's such a sweetheart and Becky never really deserved him. :I didn't black out because I was too sober." Glad to see they haven't completely forgotten that Becky is supposed to be in AA working the steps. "C'mon I've had three surgeries on my hand. At least you owe me a dinner." I'm glad Becky was honest with Harris, but Becky didn't deserve the treatment she received from Harris.

I thought it was kind of dumb that nobody seemed to think that a guy who went out with Becky would be too old for Harris.

Sadly, I think this show is getting worse with each new episode. I'm only watching it for the nostalgia of the old show now.

I have to admit this latest episode was kind of weak. For some reason, I can't give up on this show.
I haven't given up on it yet, but I've been thinking about it. I keep hoping that it will get better, but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

Can't believe it took four episodes for Katey Sagal to return as Louise...she is still married to Dan, right? LOVED the addition of Ethan Cutkowsky as Caleb, reunited with Emma Kinney who played his sister on Shameless. Loved Dan's reaction to Mary having a boyfriend. It was so cool to see Ethan and Emma working together again. I think Caleb living with them will be a really good thing for Neville and Jackie. It's wierd that Caleb's presence in their house didn't bring up even a mention of Jackie's son, Andy, who will have still heard nothing about in five seasons. That scene with Jackie and Caleb was great. Mary and Braden's relationship reminds me a lot of Darlene and David when they first got together. Damn, I thought Ethan was going to be a regular, but I guess not.

Just watched ep 5. It's season 5 ep 5, how can Beverly Rose be five years old and starting school already? Are we supposed to believe that Harris exercises every morning? Big as she is? Green and yellow clothespins? What's that about? Darlene telling Beverly Rose to do the opposite of what Becky said? That can't be good. Jackie's behavior in the pot store was stupid. The pot store had a tip jar? Seriously? Dan's reaction was perfection. Dan stoned was also perfection. It would have been nice if at some point, Dan and Jackie had referenced the season six episode where they and Roseanne got high. Darlene may have been right, but I still don't think it was Darlene's place to do what she did.

Got excited when I realized ep 6 was the Halloween ep, but it sure got off to a slow start. The Halloween episodes ruled on the original series. Having a little trouble with the show's new rebel, Harris, being into stopping book banning...just not the Harris we've gotten to know. Did I miss the episode where Harris obtained a political conscience? Becky in charge of Halloween? No good can come from that. Louise had the best line in the show..."I have to watch a boy become a man and for the first time, I had nothing to do with it." Can't get past Dan not wanting to do Halloween...it just spits into the original show's history. I knew they were building up to something and that something wasn't too bad...loved "Ben Franklinstein." Loved Dan and Beverly Rose's costumes too. "Thanks Mom...I may have been wrong about you...when I was 8." Not up to snuff with the Halloween episodes from [i]Roseanne...evidenced by the clips shown at the end, but not bad.

Ep 7 seemed to start off well with Darlene's promotion, but did she really have to be put in the middle of a sh*t storm her very first day? "The doctor gave me vitamins...I have a condition where I need to be happier." Good to see Robin again. Loved the reveal that she was the whistleblower. Not sure what the writers were thinking trying to have Jackie and Louise work together. Those two have always been like oil and water, they've already drained this comedic well. And I don't like the fact that whenever she interacts with Louise, Jackie always comes off as totally bonkers. Laurie was funny though when Jackie was explaining to Louise how the website worked. That was fantastic when Jackie called Louise Roseanne. The scene where Jackie and Louise made up was wonderful.