The Little Mermaid (2023)

Tools    

heres the teaser trailer , i dont know about this remake.
They are creatively bankrupt. Heard Pinocchio is really bad. When this one stinks they are just going call the audience racist for the casting. Brace yourself. Maybe there is a chance it will be good but I'm not holding my breathe. Done with superheros and money grab remakes.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

They are creatively bankrupt. Heard Pinocchio is really bad. When this one stinks they are just going call the audience racist for the casting. Brace yourself. Maybe there is a chance it will be good but I'm not holding my breathe. Done with superheros and money grab remakes.
i knew it would be bad lucky i didnt watch it, they need to stop the remakes. yeah true

The thing is they aren't creatively bankrupt they can make good films...The Marvel movies are good, the animated films are 50/50, but these remakes are so formulaic and transparent. We all know the movie is going to look great but have 10 minutes of Awkwafina shtick and Ariel's new mother isn't going to have a fresh take .

The thing is they aren't creatively bankrupt they can make good films...The Marvel movies are good, the animated films are 50/50, but these remakes are so formulaic and transparent. We all know the movie is going to look great but have 10 minutes of Awkwafina shtick and Ariel's new mother isn't going to have a fresh take .
loved Awkwafina on shang-chi and the legend of the ten rings

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
You know ive still not watched shang-chi myself yet. Is it worth a watch?
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
havent u watched it yet? . if u want to follow the story-line yes
Other than the trailers I've not seen it. I wasn't really fussed to watch it tbh. I've also not seen The Eternals as it just didn't look good. But if you say Shang-chi is good then ill give it a watch

Other than the trailers I've not seen it. I wasn't really fussed to watch it tbh. I've also not seen The Eternals as it just didn't look good. But if you say Shang-chi is good then ill give it a watch
yea true, loved eternals :P. good cause its good :P

Yeah, these string of live action remakes feel like such a cash grab. Granted, I can't speak about their quality cause I've only seen the Aladdin one, but going by the overall tepid reception most of them have received, it seems that the only driving force behind this was and continues to be easy money.

You know ive still not watched shang-chi myself yet. Is it worth a watch?

It's better than every Disney remake save for The Jungle Book. The best thing going for it is that the effects are polished and complete and the story moved along well enough. It didn't take any obvious budget short cuts like Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and The Eternals.

Yeah, these string of live action remakes feel like such a cash grab. Granted, I can't speak about their quality cause I've only seen the Aladdin one, but going by the overall tepid reception most of them have received, it seems that the only driving force behind this was and continues to be easy money.
This one blows the Disney one away. I like the fact that they gave a better reason he was turned into the Beast.

This one blows the Disney one away. I like the fact that they gave a better reason he was turned into the Beast.

Yeah, but then again, that seems to be an adaptation of the original source material, which I guess I'm more ok with. What Disney seems to be doing is basically taking their already adapted material and just putting it through an animated/live converter just so audiences can go "Oohh, look! That's real life Belle! And look how they made Lumiere look in 'real life'!" In a way, it's the equivalent to this...

Which, again, sounds cool as a curiosity or from a technical standpoint (can we do this?), but pretty pointless in the end. In the wise words of Dr. Ian Malcolm, they "were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Shhh nobody tell Disney but they had a Little Mermaid animated series where they had a black mermaid named Gabriella. lol they even cast a white dude as Prince Eric in their movie, guess black dudes can't be princes. Not only was Gabriella not good enough for her own story Ariel now a race swapped black mermaid isn't good enough unless she marries a white prince. Progressive racism makes me giggle.

Speaking of being creatively inept, the issue is having wrong people making the big choices.
Same issue everywhere. Hollywood, Bollywood, etc.

The priority of these people making those decisions is not telling a good story, but sending the right political/social messages.

Something is wrong with her. Have you seen that episode of The Boys Diabolical?

Speaking of being creatively inept, the issue is having wrong people making the big choices.
Same issue everywhere. Hollywood, Bollywood, etc.

The priority of these people making those decisions is not telling a good story, but sending the right political/social messages.

Something is wrong with her. Have you seen that episode of The Boys Diabolical?
what do u mean? on what show?