Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Group Watch

→ in
Tools    

For the first time during a MoFo countdown, we're going to be having a Group Watch thread! Here's how this thread will work:

-The host will nominate a film from the 2010s, the participants will have 3 days to watch it, and to state that they watched the film in the thread (make sure your nomination doesn't last over four hours).

-You're not required to review the film. You can if you want to, but simply writing something like "I just watched XX and really enjoyed it" should suffice.

-Afterwards, the host will use a random number generator to pick the next person to nominate a film (provided the person watched your nomination and hasn't nominated a film yet) and the process would repeat.

-This thread will last till the deadline for the preliminary thread (or close to it).

-You can opt-in/opt-out of this thread whenever you want. You're not required to watch every film in this thread just because you watched one film in it.

In short, this is similar to a Hall of Fame, except it requires far less effort.

I'm sure many of us will be voting for some obscure films which not many MoFos have seen, so participating in this thread might be a good way to increase the likelihood of your film making the countdown.

Nominations:

Certified Copy (2010, Abbas Kiarostami)
Nominated By: SpelingError

The Dressmaker (2015, Jocelyn Moorhouse)
Nominated By: Citizen Rules

Nymphomaniac: Part 1 (2013, Lars Von Trier)
Nominated By: donniedarko

Still Life (2013, Uberto Pasolini)
Nominated By: mrblond

Clash (2016, Mohamed Diab)
Nominated By: cricket

Who Killed Captain Alex? (2010, Nabwana I.G.G.)
Nominated By: jiraffejustin

Blue Jasmine (2013, Woody Allen)
Nominated By: mistique

Andhadhun (2018, Sriram Raghavan)
Nominated By: WrinkledMind

Searching (2018, Aneesh Chagantry)
Nominated By: gbgoodies

Ernest & Celestine (2012, Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar, and Benjamin Renner)
Nominated By: Miss Vicky

Poetry (2010, Lee Chang-dong)
Nominated By: seanc

The Broken Circle Breakdown (2012, Felix van Groeningen)

The Lure (2015, Agnieszka Smoczyńska)
Nominated By: Allaby

Lilting (2014, Hong Khaou)
Nominated By: Takoma11

Calvary (2014, John Michael McDonagh)
Nominated By: seanc

Real Steel (2011, Shawn Levy)
Nominated By: gbgoodies

Capernaum (2018, Nadine Labaki)
Nominated By: cricket

Marshland (2014, Alberto Rodríguez)
Nominated By: WrinkledMind

Better Days (2019, Derek Tsang)
Nominated By: Wyldesyde19

Tikkun (2015, Avishai Sivan)

Cameraperson (2016, Kirsten Johnson)

Thirst Street (2017, Nathan Silver)
Nominated By: crumbsroom

Lady Macbeth (2016, William Oldroyd)

Good Manners (2017, Juliana Rojas and Marco Dutra)
Nominated By: Frightened Inmate No. 2

The Burden (2017, Niki Lindroth von Bahr)

Summer 1993 (2017, Carla Simón)
Nominated By: Allaby

Tangerines (2013, Zaza Urushadze)
Nominated By: ScarletLion

On-Gaku: Our Sound (2019, Kenji Iwaisawa)
Nominated By: Torgo

A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness (2015, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy)

Nomination #1

Certified Copy (2010, Abbas Kiarostami)

Deadline to Watch It: September 17

Have not been a fan of that director so far but I do like Juliette Binoche. Looking forward to it and awesome idea for a thread!
I'm an (occasional) fan of him, but this is probably my favorite of his films.

i doubt i'll get around to rewatching it but certified copy is a masterpiece and will surely be very high on my list. kiarostami is my favorite director and i'd say this is one of his top three films
criticker

Awesome idea SpelingError...I'm impressed!

This has to be one of the best ideas to come along to MoFo in many a blue moon...I like it! and I will participate where I can. I just read about Certified Copy (2010) and it looks like a film the wife and I can watch, good choice. I could use a link with hard subs if you have one handy.

Awesome idea SpelingError...I'm impressed!

This has to be one of the best ideas to come along to MoFo in many a blue moon...I like it! and I will participate where I can. I just read about Certified Copy (2010) and it looks like a film the wife and I can watch, good choice. I could use a link with hard subs if you have one handy.
Sent!

Also, thanks!

Certified Copy is the only Abbas I’ve seen so far but I enjoyed it a whole lot. Good pick for a nom in this.

I don’t think I have time to participate in this unfortunately but a fine idea.

I've now seen four of Abbas Kiarostami's films. My rankings of his films:

1. Where Is My Friend's House?
2. Taste of Cherry
3. Close-Up
4. Certified Copy

I've now seen four of Abbas Kiarostami's films. My rankings of his films:

1. Where Is My Friend's House?
2. Taste of Cherry
3. Close-Up
4. Certified Copy
I've seen those plus Through the Olive Trees and The Wind Will Carry Us. I'd recommend all of them.

Certified Copy is the only Abbas I’ve seen so far but I enjoyed it a whole lot. Good pick for a nom in this.

I take it you don't wish to be a candidate for hosting the next round then.

Love Kiarastomi and this is a great idea. I will definitely try to get to a rewatch of this the next couple nights.

I think anyone can just pop in at any time and watch the current movie that's up, I don't think we join for the long haul but I should find out for sure... Is that correct @SpelingError ?

I think anyone can just pop in at any time and watch the current movie that's up, I don't think we join for the long haul but I should find out for sure... Is that correct @SpelingError ?
Correct. You can opt-in/opt-out of this thread whenever you want. You're not required to watch every film in this thread just because you watched one film in it.