What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

There is a store that sells used movies that I like to go to and they were having a 3 day, 30 percent off sale. I got:

Armageddon (out of print Criterion dvd)
Code Unknown (Criterion blu ray)
Crossed Swords (Kino blu ray)

I picked up some new blu rays at the mall today. I got:

Amazon Women on the Moon
Men
Stanley Long’s Adventures: A Seventies Sex Comedy Threesome (box set)

Any thoughts and opinions?

Whenever I search for Alex Garland Men on Amazon, it just shows Annihilation. I've just been taking that to mean Men hasn't been released yet. Apparently not the case?

Edit - I decide to double-check now, and of course I am now incorrect.

Edit 2 - still true for Alex Garland Men Blu-ray. The other returns an Amazon video option that might be a pre-order. I'm not clear looking on my phone.

Whenever I search for Alex Garland Men on Amazon, it just shows Annihilation. I've just been taking that to mean Men hasn't been released yet. Apparently not the case?

Edit - I decide to double-check now, and of course I am now incorrect.

Edit 2 - still true for Alex Garland Men Blu-ray. The other returns an Amazon video option that might be a pre-order. I'm not clear looking on my phone.
Men is available on blu ray, dvd and digital.

Here's a review of the blu-ray:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Men-Blu-ray/319160/

Here's the listing on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Men-Blu-ray/d...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Men is available on blu ray, dvd and digital.

Here's a review of the blu-ray:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Men-Blu-ray/319160/

Here's the listing on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Men-Blu-ray/d...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

You're right. It's weird. Trying Google I find it, I haven't tried Amazon's search in a browser, but it's like the Amazon app on my phone doesn't want me to find this.

There is a store that sells used movies that I like to go to and they were having a 3 day, 30 percent off sale. I got:

Armageddon (out of print Criterion dvd)
Code Unknown (Criterion blu ray)
Crossed Swords (Kino blu ray)
Armageddon is one of my favorite 90s movie

I went to the mall and bought 5 Kino blu rays. I got:

Don't Drink the Water (1969)
Little Man, What Now? (1934)
Maria Montez and John Hall Collection (includes White Savage, Gypsy Wildcat, Sudan)
Next Time We Love (1936)
Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo (1977)

So TCM can probably air it in the next month or so now

The truth is in here
I've always been curious about this show, and they sold it for so cheap I thought I might as well add it to my collection.

In celebration of the 2010s countdown, I bought some blu rays today. I got:

The Big Sick*
Little*
Loving*
Straight Outta Compton

I've always been curious about this show, and they sold it for so cheap I thought I might as well add it to my collection.

Hey guess what? I'm currently watching The Love Boat. I'm in the middle of season 4, then I'm going to have to stream it on Paramount to see the other seasons. I'm having fun watching it and it makes me smile

Do you guys worry that when you purchase seasons of a currently airing tv show on dvd/blu-ray that one day there will be a box-set/complete collection version made available? especially since it will probably be cheaper than individually buying the seasons? Do you then get rid/sell your individual season dvds, just have both the individual seasons and the box set, or not bother getting the box set? Or do you just always wait to see if there will be a box set/wait for the show to finish airing before making any purchasing decisions?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
True Romance

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Do you guys worry that when you purchase seasons of a currently airing tv show on dvd/blu-ray that one day there will be a box-set/complete collection version made available? especially since it will probably be cheaper than individually buying the seasons? Do you then get rid/sell your individual season dvds, just have both the individual seasons and the box set, or not bother getting the box set? Or do you just always wait to see if there will be a box set/wait for the show to finish airing before making any purchasing decisions?
Interesting question. I really love box sets, but don’t always buy them.

Two shows where I knew there would be a box set were Mad Men & The Sopranos. So what I did was not watch the final season of either of them & waited for the box set.

Yellowstone I’ve been buying the DVDs as it goes along. Don’t feel a desire for any potential box set.

Other box sets include SATC & The Shield. Came to both shows late & both had a box set so I bought the box set.

Gomorrah I’ve been buying the DVDs as I go along & can live without a box set even though I absolutely love this show.

I won’t buy 6 or 7 DVDs & then purchase the box set also. That would make no sense to me.

I don’t think a box set is necessarily cheaper than buying individual DVDs. Especially if the box set has loads of extras & maybe also a free gift. Some box sets comes in really nice boxes too where a lot of thought has been put into the project. (Pet peeve: sellers who claim they are selling a box set, but, actually, it’s just the DVDs all together in a box. Sometimes it’s not even all the DVDs, just the ones that are out at that time. Such a swindle.)