MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

Man, I hope most of you longtime players in this league appreciate the clinic that @Yoda is putting on this year. Little over a month and a half left and his team is just cruising! He made some pretty gutsy moves this year, like taking Acuna and trading for Ray and it's really REALLY paid off. Not sure what the highest total for a year has been in our league but if he keeps this up hes gotta be close.

I think I'm finally over my Jose Ramirez withdrawals and I hope to return to be being A thorn in your side next season.

Very kind of you to say.

It's funny, going into this year I was thinking about how the last whatever years (several, at least) my first half has been terrible and my second half's been great. I was wondering what would happen if I actually started strong for once, and then it happened. That definitely helps enable the occasional calculated risk, too.

Anyway, I think the highest total in the 12-category era is 122, and the highest margin of victory over second place is, I think, 15.5 (you, last year, in fact).

A system of cells interlinked
I try to figure out what you (Yoda) are doing, but I still feel like there are several key elements to this game that I am not picking up on. Maybe someday!

My pitching got kicked around last night, so I thought I was going to drop into 4th or 5th today, but luckily, the folks just below me also ran into some bumps in the road. A lot of moving parts to this game...

Teams my starters face next:

WSH, WSH, CLE, OAK, MIA, BAL, CLE, KC, then (probably) CLE, MIA, CLE, KC, CLE (maybe some DET, too). That's, like, maybe one team in the mid-tier offensively (and a little below the halfway point at that), and a whole bunch of bottom 10 lineups.

Gonna try to do some before/after stat comparisons to see how this stretch goes. Only takes a couple of blowups to counteract a lot, of course, and some of these always fail to produce the on-paper-expected-results.

Heaney pitching vs the Brewers today. Comes in and get s 10 Ks in 4 innings, then strolls out for the 5th and gets shelled.

Probably threw his shoulder out again, I am guessing!

How's it going for the Ducks? They pick up a pitcher whose been so terrible the last 2 months I just simply gave up on him. He's ranked 1210th for crying out loud. What happens? 6 inning QS and his best pitcher of the day yesterday. That's how it goes when you're snow ballin at the end of the year. Congrats man. Gonna take a pretty big collapse for you to lose this at this point. Well played!

Well, he's got a great track record and his metrics suggest that, while he hasn't been elite (or even particularly good), he's definitely gotten really unlucky. More to the point, I decided I didn't have a ton to lose in ERA, and a huge lead in WHIP, but I stand to gain the most ground in Ks and QS, so it was a calculated risk. Camden Yards isn't as scary as it used to be since they moved the fence back, too.

That said, I did the same thing with Snell and while I got like half a dozen great starts out of him, he got torched the same night, so it's a mixed bag.

Yeah it's a mixed bag but I think it's a real strong play given your position in the standings. If I was in the same position I would roll the dice too. I'm betting he was a pretty good option compared to whoever else was available for a start.

Thanks dude. Yeah, everything's comin' up Milhouse right now. Still a month to go, we'll see what happens.

Pretty sure Ks should end up at 12, QS should go up another spot or two. HLDs and RBIs harder to predict, but those are the only places I can really add much at this point.

Whenever I get towards the top, the cracks in my FBB skillset become clear.

Either that or my janky offense stops hitting again.

It's just the worst, when your hitters won't hit. The ones you know can hit, should hit. You just have to wait it out.

With pitching you can make more choices, target things a little better. But the hitting stuff is just way more waiting and hoping, and when they just suck for a week straight you just kinda have to watch it.

It's just the worst, when your hitters won't hit. The ones you know can hit, should hit. You just have to wait it out.

With pitching you can make more choices, target things a little better. But the hitting stuff is just way more waiting and hoping, and when they just suck for a week straight you just kinda have to watch it.
Indeed - MY SPs on Saturday were lights out all day, dialing in a ton of Ks and 3 QS. Of course, my offense went dark and continued the trend into Sunday...

Teams my starters face next:

WSH, WSH, CLE, OAK, MIA, BAL, CLE, KC, then (probably) CLE, MIA, CLE, KC, CLE (maybe some DET, too). That's, like, maybe one team in the mid-tier offensively (and a little below the halfway point at that), and a whole bunch of bottom 10 lineups.

Gonna try to do some before/after stat comparisons to see how this stretch goes. Only takes a couple of blowups to counteract a lot, of course, and some of these always fail to produce the on-paper-expected-results.
Okay, so this stretch is more or less done (Castillo faces CLE tomorrow but Darvish faces the Dodgers). Here's how it worked out:

16 starts
11 quality starts
96.1 innings, 113 Ks
WHIP at or below 1.00 in half the starts

During this time, team ERA dipped from 3.27 to 3.22, and WHIP from 1.10 to 1.09. Jump two spots in QS. Technically none in Ks, but closed a huge gap and it should just be a matter of time.

Not quite as epic a stretch as it could've been given those matchups, but still very good. Biggest stud was Ray, who got the QS all three times out and gave us just 3ER across 19.2 IP, with 24 Ks.

Lynn almost as good: 18.2 IP, 22 Ks, 3 ER.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, this was awesome! (I just wish I had been at the stadium that night to see and hear it live.)

Edwin Diaz taking the mound to Timmy Trumpet LIVE!: