Things that annoy you...

Tools    

With Walmart, do what I do, boycott them. Haven't stepped into one of their stores since the '80s. After reading about their early business model.

Once upon a time, their business model was never open a store in a city with over 7,500 population. That way they could undercut every ma & pa business and put them out of business. Leading to collapses of small town america.
John, I hear ya. And it's an admirable quest. But it's just not practical to boycott the big-box stores and chains. And you would have to boycott them all: Home Depot, Walmart, Target, Ace Hdw, etc.. And don't forget the big grocery store chains. All these big-box and chain stores have done the same thing: put mom & pop stores out of business. And also, you need to put the blame where it belongs: your fellow citizens. They want cheaper, more selection, and one-stop shopping, the big-box stores and chains deliver this.

It's a pretty crappy state of affairs, that's for sure.

I have no idea what they’re doing on my street, but they’re making an infernal racket. I think they’re cleaning underground pipes, but I could be wrong. Wondering how long this will be going on. They better not wreck my wifi connection.

Movie Forums Extra
Smoking, negativity & traffic.

When it comes to Meghan Markles, I choose Lacey Chabert!
I don't get the comparison? You gotta remember I'm basically isolated and living in a dark ice cave I did look at her photo and she's pretty! I think Meghan Markle is really pretty too, more so than Kate

I'm going to have to remember this line in the above video: "I'd rather put out a campfire with my face than . . . ". That will be useful in many occasions.

I don't get the comparison? You gotta remember I'm basically isolated and living in a dark ice cave I did look at her photo and she's pretty! I think Meghan Markle is really pretty too, more so than Kate
Many have said they (Mehgan Markle & Lacey Chabert) look so much alike, they can't tell them apart.

I think they've been featured on the actors you mistake for other actors thread a few times.

Who is this person?
Lacey Chabert is an actress known for being a cast member in the TV series Party of Five, for playing "Penny" in the Lost in Space (1998) movie, and probably best known as one of the "plastics" in Mean Girls (2004).

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000327/

Lacey Chabert is an actress known for being a cast member in the TV series Party of Five, for playing "Penny" in the Lost in Space (1998) movie, and probably best known as one of the "plastics" in Mean Girls (2004).

OMG, wow she was Penny in Lost in Space (1998)...I swear she was the best thing in the entire movie! She was so lively & animated, quite the screen presence. I always wondered what happened to her but never knew her name.

Oh, ok, never heard of her. She does look like MM.

OMG, wow she was Penny in Lost in Space (1998)...I swear she was the best thing in the entire movie! She was so lively & animated, quite the screen presence. I always wondered what happened to her but never knew her name.
Speaking of annoyances... the Lost in Space movie had so much potential, but went off the rails in a few ways...

The CGI-animated Bloop / "Blarp" (pretty much killed the movie as soon as it appeared),
Making it a time travel story (ug - save that for the third sequel to put a final nail in the coffin!),
Not getting Billy Mumy to play his adult version,
Having a robot that looked nothing like the original Robot.

[quote=Captain Steel;2328017]Speaking of annoyances... the Lost in Space movie had so much potential, but went off the rails in a few ways...

The CGI-animated Bloop / "Blarp" (pretty much killed the movie as soon as it appeared),
Oh hell yeah! That little critter thing sucked!

Making it a time travel story (ug - save that for the third sequel to put a final nail in the coffin!),
I don't quite remember the story, but yeah I can see that point.
Not getting Billy Mumy to play his adult version,
So true. Did you ever see him in Babylon 5? He proved that he was as good as an adult actor as a child actor.
Having a robot that looked nothing like the original Robot.
Danger! Danger...Ha and agreed!

They could've done Lost in Space with Dr Smith from the future returning to his past (their present). Then you could have had the best actor on the original series, Johnathan Harris, in the movie.

Speaking of annoyances... the Lost in Space movie had so much potential, but went off the rails in a few ways...

Oh hell yeah! That little critter thing sucked!

I don't quite remember the story, but yeah I can see that point.

So true. Did you ever see him in Babylon 5? He proved that he was as good as an adult actor as a child actor.

Danger! Danger...Ha and agreed!

They could've done Lost in Space with Dr Smith from the future returning to his past (their present). Then you could have had the best actor on the original series, Johnathan Harris, in the movie.
It's been reported the producers approached all of the original cast for cameos: sadly Guy Williams was already passed on by then, but they got "Maureen, Don, Judy & Penny" to appear.

Supposedly, they wanted Bill Mumy as adult Will, but he was tide up with something else at the time. (I never saw him on Babylon 5 as I'd stopped watching at that point, but I know he was on it.)

And when they went to Jonathan Harris he insisted he'd only play Smith - when they told him that Gary Oldman was signed on to be Smith and that he (Harris) was too old, but they'd still like him to make a cameo - he refused saying something like there was only one Dr. Smith and it was he - if he couldn't be Smith then he wouldn't appear at all (Booby!).

But I agree - since they were going with time travel anyway, they could've tweaked the story to work Harris in as an elderly Smith in a potential alternate future. (And you'd think with the failure of the Lost In Space movie that J.J. Abrams would've learned something and not gone with some alternate timeline counter-concurrent continuity thing with Star Trek... but NOOOO!)

As far as Debbie the Bloop - the movie would have been better off using a live chimp with fake ears - heck, a live hamster with fake ears would have been better than the thing they produced!

Same thing when they CGI'd the Gorn for an Enterprise episode. A guy in a suit would have been so much better as the CGI Gorn just looked fake, animated and so out of place.