Cheesiest/Charming movie you have seen?

Tools    

The cheesiest film I have ever seen start to finish was either Teen Wolf or Buffy the Vampire Slayer(the original movie not the show). For my own money, I kind of think Top Gun is a little cheesy which I like about that one and why I hated the “better” sequel. Some of the movies shown on Mystery Science Theater are also super cheesy, but I am at least watching it with some robots heckling it and that makes things better. I like some good cheese when I watch an old movie. What newer movies has the cheese in it as I kind of feel that newer ones are more straight.

Charming movies are better to come across as they can make great viewing experience. Most musicals can make me feel that way which is a reason why I love most of them. I have yet to see Singin’ in the Rain or Cabaret, but they are next and I have high expectations for them. Does not have to be old or a musical, but that is what I think of.

Multiple 70s-80s tv sitcoms also seem to have these factors the most, which is why I rather watch those than a modern tv sitcom.

Not ashamed to say I own and enjoy this flick.

That's not a bad flick. It received very good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes site and a 7/10 on IMDB. I liked it.

The cheesiest scene in movies I loved growing up was in Spaceballs with Pizza the Hut.

As an adult, I'm into much more sophisticated cheese scenes, such as the following:

Not ashamed to say I own and enjoy this flick.

Love that film. Also I could never get tired of staring at Kerri Russell.

As for the topic.
I don't know whether we can call Garden State cheesy. I do watch it from time to time without fail.

Would Love, Simon be a candidate for this?

The cheesiest scene in movies I loved growing up was in Spaceballs with Pizza the Hut.

As an adult, I'm into much more sophisticated cheese scenes, such as the following:

Love "Burn After Reading", yet hardly charming.

My estimation on cheesiest/charming usually ends up with with hosted late night movie shows. Horror/sci-fi generally tops out almost any list for cheesy and sometimes they're charming too, especially when cute, guileless, horny teens, played by 20-something actors are plagued by monsters. If they're JUST charming, then my nausea factor kicks in and they're lost, but some are really charming.

One I watched recently, that came in a big DVD set was The Blob, the 1958 version of course. Teenagers with hot rods, a jelly monster that eats people in the small town in PA, Steve McQueen in an early appearance and the lovely Aneta Coursealt, holding hands and sharing a 3 second kiss (movieland regulations) try to warn the town of its imminent, mortal danger. The movie also includes one of the best intro songs in movie history, an early effort by songwriter Bert Bacharach, "Beware of the Blob".

It's worth noting that the movie is a fictionalized version of an actual news story from 1950 when calls to police in a town near Philadelphia reported a "mass" that dissolved a local vagrant (find a photo on the web). This is definitely one of the best of all drive-in movies, registers off the scale on cheesy AND has a lot of charm that comes from its appearance of sincerity. The cast is good, the color is 1950's Kodachrome and the Blob is straight from a Kraft jelly jar. And....it has that catchy song.

Amazing movie!