Anne Heche in critical condition

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Reports are that a car, driven by Heche herself, apparently crashed into her house at high speed. The car and house erupted in flames.

Stay tuned for more details.

Luckily no one else was hurt. I hope she pulls thru. She's driven over a lot of bumpy roads in her life. I'm not a big fan of her movies or TV shows but I thought she was adorable opposite Harrison Ford in the 1998 film Six Days Seven Nights.

Any news? I haven't seen anything new in the last 12 hours . . .

Just saw this on the news and I hope she's ok. I've always liked her and hopefully the cause is not something criminal. Like PumaMan said, I've heard that she's had her fair share of difficulties.

The trick is not minding
Heche is expected to pull through, but it’s said she has suffered severe burns and has a long a road to recovery ahead of her.

More information has come in, some conflicting. The first piece of news is she was allegedly was involved in an accident and fled the scene, then preceded to crash.

The second is conflicting. I’ve read some reports that state it was her house, others that state it was someone else’s house.

Looks like she may have been speeding right before she crashed into a house (not her house).

From CNN:

The vehicle was traveling at high speed when it ran off the road and collided with a residence, Los Angeles Police Public Information Officer Jeff Lee told CNN on Friday.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/07/enter...day/index.html

Latest updates is she is currently comatose.
Yes. Apparently the reports that she was upgraded to stable condition were incorrect.

CNN:

"Over the weekend a representative stated that Anne was in stable condition but that information was inaccurate. She has always remained in critical condition, slipping into a coma following the accident," a spokesperson for Heche told CNN in a statement Monday. "She has a significant pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that require surgical intervention. She is currently being treated at the Grossman Burn Center."

I was immediately curious about what kind of mental condition was she in to impact one building, to back away from that, speed off and then crash into the house.

At first I thought she was having a nervous breakdown, or had "gone around the bend", but with all the reports of vodka drinking and possibly being bombed earlier that day before she got into the car, I suppose she was just blasted drunk. She may have tried to flee the first impact, then was too drunk to control the car until she crashed.

Just saw this on Fox news: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...crash-rep-says

Ann Heche is not expected to survive . . .

Anne Heche remains in a coma after suffering a "severe" brain injury and is "not expected to survive," a representative for the actress told Fox News Digital Thursday evening.

The rep added that Heche’s wish had always been to be an organ donor and "she's being kept on life support to determine if any are viable."

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Rest in peace.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

RIP Miss Heche.

They say she suffered an anoxic brain injury which is a lack of oxygen to the brain. That might explain her sitting up out of the stretcher before they load her into the ambulance. Which casts that video in an entirely different light. So I'm just going to go ahead and delete it.

I feel terrible that she apparently went through so much pain at the end...if there's anybody in this business who deserved to go peacefully, it was her. RIP.

This is very sad for her family. I am particularly sad for her children who have lost their Mom. If the facts that have been reported are accurate, however, it is very difficult for me to feel any kind of sympathy for Anne herself. The reason is that she acted with reckless disregard for everyone else's life. According to reports, she drove into the home of someone else. That person is very fortunate that she was not killed in the crash herself. Reports indicate that Anne was under the influence of cocaine at the time, and also that crashing into the house was not her first crash that day, but part of a series of them, potentially as many as three. She also apparently was excessively speeding and narrowly avoided hitting pedestrians. If this is substantiated by later facts, this behavior is outrageous and was completely avoidable.