In which I post my top 10 moments from The Twilight Zone.

Tools    

Favorite Episodes of Television

The Wasteland
Infinity Train

Rage of the Ape Men
Primal

How Soundly Do You Sleep?
Shadow Play

I'm surprised that Shadow Play isn't often considered to be one of the finest episodes of the show. It's a fairly well-liked episode, but it never seemed quite reached all-time classic status. This episode is surely one of the most captivating episodes that Serling and company ever put out, about a man named Adam Grant who's forced to live the same nightmare over and over again, a nightmare that always ends with his execution by electric chair. In an effort to halt his execution, he tries to convince a reporter and the district attorney that everyone and everything is part of his dream.

Something I really like about this episode is that those who Grant tries to convince at least try to hear him out. Even fellow prisoner Jiggs is a bit curious about Grant's theory. The best scene of the episode is when the district attorney tries to poke holes in Grant's argument. The interplay between the two actors is unbelievably tense, especially the desperation in Grant's voice when he feels he's at his wit's end and the conviction he feels that his argument is sound. That moment when Grant laughs at the suggestion that he should just sit back and enjoy the dream because it can't hurt him, though? It makes one wonder if this is the first time he's ever heard that particular argument because his reaction is so unexpected, his smile so haunting. How long will this man be subjected to such a cruel fate?

I'm enjoying the thread so far. I hope you join us for the next Twilight Zone Hall of Fame if we end up doing one (hint, hint).

Favorite Episodes of Television

The Wasteland
Infinity Train

One of my favorite animated series from the last few years. Season 2 is probably my favorite season. I'm still holding out hope for a fifth one.

The Crying Woman
The Midnight Sun

The best thing about The Midnight Sun is how it goes to great lengths to paint a vivid picture of a world doomed by scorching hot temperatures. We see it within the confines of Norma's apartment: the dripping sweat on everyone's faces, a cool glass of water that is offered to a thirsty child, the pain on Norma and Mrs. Bronson's faces when a fan is turned off, Norma burning her hands on a windowsill, the thrill of something as simple as a can of refreshing pineapple juice, and the memorable image of Norma's oil paintings melting in the heat. We also see it when we get a brief glimpse of the outside world: the looming image of the midnight sun and the haunting shot of a deserted New York street. But perhaps most eerie of all are the things we hear about the outside world. When the Schusters leave for Toronto, we're told that the highways are packed bumper to bumper with people trying to reach a cooler climate. A radio announcer tells us that most of the police are trying to keep order on the highways, and bandits are roaming the city. My favorite moment is Norma's description of her trip to the grocery store. She starts off rather excitably describing the utter chaos in the store and how she was probably the calmest person there. She's trying to remain strong for Mrs. Bronson, but there's this moment when she describes a woman sobbing in the middle of the store and her demeanor changes and her voice trails off a bit. It's that far off look that gets to me. The sight of the crying women is still with her. It won't let her go. This is the most haunting moment of the episode, and we only hear about it.

I said that the favorite TV episodes list wasn't in any order, but if I had to choose my two favorite episodes ever, I would probably choose:

Three Men and a Comic Book
The Simpsons

The Garage Door
Freaks and Geeks

The Midnight Sun was my choice for #1 in the Twilight Zone Hall of Fame that we did here. One of these days we're going to do another Twilight Zone HoF. Here's a link to the one we did, it has reviews for all of the nominated TZ episodes that the members watched:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65138

The Midnight Sun was my choice for #1 in the Twilight Zone Hall of Fame that we did here. One of these days we're going to do another Twilight Zone HoF. Here's a link to the one we did, it has reviews for all of the nominated TZ episodes that the members watched:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65138
And it was my nomination and #1 pick as well