The Hall of Infamy

Tools    

#5=:

Manos: The Hands of Fate

Nominated By: Allaby

Ballot Rankings: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 9th

Total Points: 46

I nominated it because it is a masterpiece of cinema, which changed my life. No, that's a lie. I nominated it because Manos is the worst film I have ever seen. Rewatching it did not change my opinion. This is really horribly directed, in every way possible. It is badly filmed and the editing is awful. Acting is dreadful and the screenplay is terrible. I can appreciate bad movies if they are fun or entertaining. This is just boring and inept.
#5=:

God's Not Dead

Nominated By: SpelingError

Ballot Rankings: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 8th, 9th

Total Points: 46

Every Christian character is portrayed in a positive light, while every atheist character is cartoonishly bad and stereotypical. Virtually no levity exists for either group. This is the kind of film which should appeal to the "Atheists are all evil and are trying to destroy Christianity" group of Christians and Evangelists out there. I also found most of the characters underdeveloped and bland. They generally fell into two categories: (1) Atheist who's a jerk to all Christians they come across and (2) Christian who's persecuted for their religion.

Manos: The Hands of Fate was #9 on my ballot. Not sure if my rating was too low, but I didn't think it was that bad of a film for the reasons I brought up in my review.

God's Not Dead made it right smack in the middle of my ballot at #5. It was also my nomination. While it was pretty bad, it wasn't quite the abomination I thought it would be. The competition was just way too fierce for this Hall.

Manos was my number 1. It's my pick for worst film I have ever seen. God's not Dead was 8th on my ballot. A bad film, but not as awful as some say.

#4:

Krampus: The Christmas Devil

Nominated By: Takoma11

Ballot Rankings: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th

Total Points: 54

With maybe the exception of the actor (Bill Oberst Jr.) playing the ex-convict who targets the detective's wife, and the brief almost-cameo from Paul Ferm playing Santa, there is simply no joy on display in this film. And this is a movie where Santa tells a child in a cage that he deserves "to f*cking die". It should be, at the very least, a guilty pleasure. But instead the pacing and the performances and the writing just absolutely sink and momentum. Was that fight in the bar supposed to be good? Or so-bad-it's-good? For me it failed to be either.

Which order do you guys think the top three movies are going to come in?
My predictions:

3. American Flatulators
2. Going Overboard
1. Lust for Frankenstein

#3:

American Flatulators

Nominated By: CosmicRunaway

Ballot Rankings: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 6th

Total Points: 55

Despite what appears to be a fairly high production budget, American Flatulators is an incredibly cheap film. It's a lowbrow satire that contains a single gag stretched out over 54 minutes, with a few obvious fart puns and fart-related ads peppered throughout. It's insultingly unfunny and incredibly boring, which is not a great combination for any film, let alone a comedy.

#2:

Lust for Frankenstein

Nominated By: KeyserCorleone

Ballot Rankings: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

Total Points: 56

Any story to the film is excruciatingly hard to make out because the audio quality is terrible, and the accents are sometimes incomprehensible as a result. There's no fear to this so-called horror, because (as is the problem with so many other horror b-films, the monster is just slowly killing people off. Big woop. And as for the sex scenes in this erotic piece, the camera is blurry and the sex is further distorted by psychedelic coloring and effects backed by crappy noise rock fodder. And I like noise rock. Steve Albini is one of my favorite people in the music industry. On top of that, these people are UGLY in their skivvies.
#1:

Going Overboard

Nominated By: TheUsualSuspect

Ballot Rankings: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 7th

Total Points: 60

Tedious. Boring. Insulting. Unfunny. Sluggish. Inane. Bad. No Good. Terrible. Pick any one of these words and it fits the description of the film, PERFECTLY.

Going Overboard is bad. I'm reading some reviews here and see some people chuckled here and there....I wanna be the lady who rings a bell in your face yelling SHAME...SHAME...SHAME...

If I had to suffer through this, then so do you.

I had a few discussions on Lust for Frankenstein in this thread, and while I get why some people here really hated it, I didn't think it was without its strengths. It was #6 on my ballot.

Going Overboard, on the other hand, was #1 on my ballot and is probably the worst film I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it didn't quite cross the gap from 2/10 to 1/10, but it was close. Maybe in the next Hall of Infamy, I'll give the long overdue 1/10 rating I'm dying to give.

Anyways, here's my ballot:

1. Going Overboard
2. Krampus: The Christmas Devil
3. R.O.T.O.R.
4. American Flatulators
5. God's Not Dead
6. Lust for Frankenstein
7. Organ
8. Trog
9. Manos: The Hands of Fate

Congratulations to TheUsualSuspect for the win! Well, maybe it's not a win, but you know what I mean

This was a very fun Hall to host and I hope to see you all back for the follow up tread to this.