R.I.P. Olivia Newton-John

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Oh no. I rewatched Grease just the other week. Rest in peace.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Well shit. This is a big ol' bummer.

RIP

Will have to watch Xanadu with my daughter this evening...

I actually gasped when I skimmed the "Now Playing" section. I know she was 73 and all but this is still kind of a shock.

Doggone it. RIP Miss Newton-John.

This is just heartbreaking...I don't know why, but I didn't see this coming at all...loved her in Grease, no matter what anyone says. She wasn't much of an actress but she did fit the role. As for her recording career, loved "Please Mr. Please" and "Physical." I may have to squeeze a re-watch of Xanadu into my schedule...RIP

Never was a fan of her music or the movie/musical Grease but I've always greatly appreciated her philanthropy.

RIP Ms. Newton-John.

My favorite ONJ song. Instantly transports me back to listening to the radio at night as a kid in the 1970s.

My favorite as well. I knew she'd battled cancer for a long time but I thought she had it beat. Godspeed, Olivia.