The woke predator

Tools    

How to emasculate the predator ?

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Cast a 25 yr old non muscular woman as a lead and let her beat the crap out of the predator and make it a movie about female empowerment and bait woke critics into liking it

Really ? that's who you cast as lead ? just because she is Native American doesn't mean she is not a 25 yr old non muscular woman.

Update:
Folks I know humans can't beat the predator in fist to fist combat...but Arnold was believable as a worthy opponent to the predator....this movie makes Danny Glover from P2 look like arnold schwarzenegger.

How to emasculate the predator ?

Cast a 25 yr old non muscular woman as a lead and let her beat the crap out of the predator and make it a movie about female empowerment and bait woke critics into liking it.

Really ? that's who you cast as lead ? just because she is Native American doesn't mean she is not a 25 yr old non muscular woman.
Is this about a specific film? (Unless it’s actually called The Woke Predator, in which case, I’m dropping my shit and sprinting to see it!)

Is this about a specific film? (Unless it’s actually called The Woke Predator, in which case, I’m dropping my shit and sprinting to see it!)
It's called Prey. It just dropped on Hulu.

Be warned, though...the main character is a... <wipes sweat from brow, stops teeth from chattering, manages to stop himself from hyperventilating...>
Woman. AND a minority!
<flees the room and slams the door>

I haven't seen it yet, but I was intrigued.

I guess if the resolution of the film is that a relatively normal human woman just beats up the Predator, that would be kinda dumb. Only slightly dumber than a muscular man doing it, though. Seems obvious to me that a core part of Predator is that a person can't just beat them in a fist fight, and instead has to outsmart them.

Anyway, it seems this is either:

a) premature, because you haven't seen the film or
b) an unmarked spoiler, in which case, mark it.

Be warned, though...the main character is a... <wipes sweat from brow, stops teeth from chattering, manages to stop himself from hyperventilating...>
Woman. AND a minority!
The nerve! Don't they know that this combination is very offensive to the less evolved.

Woman. AND a minority!
Thank you! That’s going right on the priority watch list.

Edit: only just realised this is the Predator series. I genuinely read it as “predator/predatory behaviour against women” & whatnot. The quirks of language.

So instead of seeing a middle aged dude with no shirt on, we get to watch an exciting action film with a beautiful young woman? Sounds good to me!

A system of cells interlinked
To be fair, some of the bits of dialogue in the trailer I saw were pretty cringe-worthy. But from what I could tell, the film looked like a bait and switch, ostensibly pitting a predator against a warrior chick, only to have them teaming up together in the end to beat the true evil of the film - Europeans!

Looks terrible. I'll pass.

Thank you! That’s going right on the priority watch list.

Edit: only just realised this is the Predator series. I genuinely read it as “predator/predatory behaviour against women” & whatnot. The quirks of language.
I did too. I was well up for it before I realised it was about aliens.

Ohh, the way my attention drifts when I read the word "woke"

I did too. I was well up for it before I realised it was about aliens.
That’s actually very encouraging, I’m usually alone in massively misreading the room.

But yes, our imaginary version sounded much better imo.

This complaint is hilarious to me. You can't beat the Predator with muscles! Arnold outsmarted the Predator.

Ohh, the way my attention drifts when I read the word "woke"
Well, it’s a shorthand, right? I agree that it’s a rather annoying word, but the alternative is pages and pages of explaining what you mean every time.

This complaint is hilarious to me. You can't beat the Predator with muscles! Arnold outsmarted the Predator.
This, exactly. That's the whole point of the first film. You need cunning and wits to defeat a Yautja, and I'm hoping the new film will expand on that.

Welcome to the human race...
To be fair, some of the bits of dialogue in the trailer I saw were pretty cringe-worthy. But from what I could tell, the film looked like a bait and switch, ostensibly pitting a predator against a warrior chick, only to have them teaming up together in the end to beat the true evil of the film - Europeans!

Looks terrible. I'll pass.
Nah, they'll never have a human team up with a Predator again after AvP (and, to a lesser extent, The Predator).

Anyway, going to join the others in saying that OP's point is all kinds of boneheaded.