2022 Film Challenge

Tools    

Also answers to Jabba
Yeah, had I known you weren’t aware of that I would have mentioned it. He had issues with the Soviet Union over his career due to his style and his unfinished film, The First Day, which he he or they destroyed (can’t recall which). Their constant interference resulted in him leaving in the early 80’s.
Thankfully, you should be able to discover 2 more films to replace them.
It won't be a problem replacing them and I was going to watch them eventually, it was just a bit surreal to start Offret and after finishing Nostalgia and realizing "this sounds Swedish, not Russian...hmmm 0/2"

The trick is not minding
Update: 6/30!
Huge progress in nightmare mode this past month

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
GREAT JOB, Wylde!!
I have a few additions and a few edits but I will, hopefully, make the time this month to advance with some significance.

Watchlist
Watched

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

H. We've met before, haven't we?
[Pick one of the following country groups and watch 5 films from its members, without repetitions]

European Union

1. This Magnificent Cake! (2018) - Belgium
2. Keep An Eye Out (2018) - France
3. The Green Devils of Monte Cassino (1958) - Germany
4. Shock (1977) - Italy
5. All the Moons (2020) - Spain

According to my math, I've got 45 films left to watch at the halfway point of the year. So that's almost two per week I guess. Yikes

According to my math, I've got 45 films left to watch at the halfway point of the year. So that's almost two per week I guess. Yikes
I think I have about twenty-something films left yet?

My attention span has been garbage and 90% of what I have left to watch is subtitled.

I have two more films from the 1930s to watch to finish the decade category, 4 more films to watch from Ebert's Great Films to finish the MoFo list category, 7-ish films from Italy for the country category, and I have yet to start the 10 that won for Cinematography.

I have a feeling that none of the movies I've been watching for the Hall of Infamy will help with any of these categories, LOL.

This week I actually have some days off of work, so I'll see if I can get a good few watched.

I think I have about twenty-something films left yet?

My attention span has been garbage and 90% of what I have left to watch is subtitled.

I have two more films from the 1930s to watch to finish the decade category, 4 more films to watch from Ebert's Great Films to finish the MoFo list category, 7-ish films from Italy for the country category, and I have yet to start the 10 that won for Cinematography.

I have a feeling that none of the movies I've been watching for the Hall of Infamy will help with any of these categories, LOL.

This week I actually have some days off of work, so I'll see if I can get a good few watched.
I'm slacking on the post-2000 b&w films. (Only 1 so far) Don't be surprised if my list is identical to yours, after I steal all of your choices.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I am SOOO behind!! I have like a hundred to do. I do have most of Normal ready to knock out with most of them missing only one or two to a category.

I'm slacking on the post-2000 b&w films. (Only 1 so far) Don't be surprised if my list is identical to yours, after I steal all of your choices.
Did I post my list of the ones I watched? If not, here:

Is my TV broken?
watch 10 predominantly black and white films released after 2000
Good Night and Good Luck
Keyhole
Tabu
Set Fire to the Stars
Nebraska
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same
The Party
Infinity Baby
Aferim!
Empathy Inc

I'd recommend all of them, aside from Empathy Inc and Infinity Baby, though I didn't hate either of those. They were just kind of meh.

Of ones I'd watched prior to this challenge, I'd also recommend:
Devils on the Doorstep
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
American Astronaut
Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary
Coffee and Cigarettes
Brand Upon the Brain
Persepolis
Polytechnique

Did I post my list of the ones I watched? If not, here:

Is my TV broken?
watch 10 predominantly black and white films released after 2000
Good Night and Good Luck
Keyhole
Tabu
Set Fire to the Stars
Nebraska
Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same
The Party
Infinity Baby
Aferim!
Empathy Inc

I'd recommend all of them, aside from Empathy Inc and Infinity Baby, though I didn't hate either of those. They were just kind of meh.

Of ones I'd watched prior to this challenge, I'd also recommend:
Devils on the Doorstep
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
American Astronaut
Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary
Coffee and Cigarettes
Brand Upon the Brain
Persepolis
Polytechnique
You didn't post a list, but you reviewed a bunch in the "rate the movie" thread and I was making mental notes. (aka stealing your picks)

Anyone else looking for recs is encouraged to check out Passing (Netflix), Rebecca Hall's first directing gig. Good one.

Independence Day Update:
Bold=Seen
Italics=Viewing Now
Plain=Plan to See

Main Challenge  

An update in the middle of the year.

Still so many to watch. After getting my bachelor's degree, I am trying to watch a movie a day. If I won't slack off too much, I should finish on time .

Watchlist, currently watching and watched.

Main Challenge 16/52  

Nightmare Mode 21/110  

One film, two films, red fil...it was the worst of times!
watch 10 films released in consecutive years of the same decade
The Blue Angel 1930
Limite 1931
I Was Born But 1932
Baby Face 1933
L’Atalante 1934
The Ghost Goes West 1935
The House of Secrets 1936
Stella Dallas 1937
Holiday 1938
The Rules of the Game 1939

I think I have 7 more films to go, then I'm done.

Mrs Cinematographer, you're trying to seduce me, aren't you?
watch 10 films that have won a cinematography award from the competitions in section D
With Byrd at the South Pole
Song of Bernadette
Leave Her to Heaven
Lilting
Barcelona
Somebody Up There Likes Me
Bonnie and Clyde
Education of Shelby Knox
Silent Souls
Trouble in Mind

Done!

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

As of August 1, now with a look at the nightmare mode (no, don't plan on finishing it. But why not?)

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

The trick is not minding
Update: 8/1!

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Welcome to the human race...
I think she did that last year as well. I get too caught up in Letterboxd challenges these days even though I try to ensure they overlap with this one.