Tools    

Ralph Bakshi movies.
Oh, hell yes!

Wizards
Fritz the Cat
Heavy Traffic
American Pop

Not a big fan of "Cool World" though.

I'll add the first two Cheech & Chongs, "Fantastic Planet", "Out of an Old Man's Head", "Cleopatra" (1970), "Dirty Duck" to the list.

Victim of The Night
By the way, if one hasn't watched Planet Of The Vampires with Mary Jane, one has missed out, IMO.

Eraserhead is my favorite movie to watch while high because apparently I enjoy making myself as paranoid as possible.

Dr. Zhivago
Primer
Sophie's Choice
Tenet
Event Horizon

Everest
Cliffhanger
Free Solo
The Eiger Sanction

Not only is it sad people need to get high to enjoy a movie, I think it's sad people need movies to be happy in the first place. Or music. Or any kind of art. Not to mention eating good meals or conversation or any human interaction at all. Just find the innate happiness in yourself! Is that too much to ask?

As far as I'm concerned, people should need nothing but a big empty room, a floor to lie on and a ceiling to stare at. To seek any pleasure outside of this should be seen as a weakness of character.

But maybe that's just me.
In an ideal world that's what we should aim at. To find some sort of mental space in which whatever happens in the external world we are happy. Some sort of confortable and stong state of mind that resists any difficulties external life throws at us.

The problem with that it's that in the real world it doesn't work like that. I remember being 19, being profoundly happy, looking at the sky and being amazed by its beauty. I also remember profoundly realizing the fact that I'm lucky to be alive and that it would have been possible that I wasn't alive.

To me it worked then and it still kinda works now. But when I try to explain that to friends that feel depressed it doesn't work like that. The simple beauty of realizing our own existence isn't enough for many people. Same can be said of the emotion that the experience of watching the sky can give me. The same experience can produce no effect whatsoever to other people.

To answer the question, I'm quite new in experimenting with marijuana. I just turned 26 and I started using weed sometimes a couple months ago. Personally, I don't really like to watch movies high, I'm not concentrated enough on the story, I'm in my head. So I guess it would be any movies that I already know very well so that even if I miss an element of the film it doesn't matter.

Everest
Cliffhanger
Free Solo
The Eiger Sanction

Personally, once we get to cruising altitudes, I like to connect to the wifi, and bring up YouTube videos of planes crashing as they're coming down for landing.

ETA: you might want to add Manakamana to your list.

Not only is it sad people need to get high to enjoy a movie, I think it's sad people need movies to be happy in the first place. Or music. Or any kind of art. Not to mention eating good meals or conversation or any human interaction at all. Just find the innate happiness in yourself! Is that too much to ask?

As far as I'm concerned, people should need nothing but a big empty room, a floor to lie on and a ceiling to stare at. To seek any pleasure outside of this should be seen as a weakness of character.

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone."

- Blaise Pascal

Victim of The Night
Eraserhead is my favorite movie to watch while high because apparently I enjoy making myself as paranoid as possible.

I was actually
WARNING: "!" spoilers below
on acid
the first time I saw this movie back in maybe 1987 or '88. No joke.

Victim of The Night
Oh, then It must have made sense.
Heh. Actually I only remember what I imagine was like the first half of it and it's all sort of a blur or a non-memory after that. We watched something else that night too and also played Dungeons & Dragons while listening to Yes.

Heh. Actually I only remember what I imagine was like the first half of it and it's all sort of a blur or a non-memory after that. We watched something else that night too and also played Dungeons & Dragons while listening to Yes.
Sounds like a blast! Wish I had been there.

Ewwww sarcasm! I think people like Stirchley are probably the lucky few who do not need altered states to make life endurable.

I prefer clarity my self but then again I am on massive amounts of anti-depressants to fight off the horror of living. So fair play to everyone whether high or straight.

Movies NOT to watch while high coneheads don't know what came over me i was trippin... haha
let it run a lot longer than i should have

Oh me and a friend had total recall (with arney) playing in the background one time that was cool every once in a while look at the screen something crazy was happening..

Also the opening scene to the shining
I guess i should try and watch 2001 but it's so long maybe start in the middle..

this is over many years btw

The last movie I watched high was Irreversible and it wasn't particularly enjoyable but it was certainly intense and it was a long, long time ago.

A few of my go to's were Go, Lost Highway, Dark City, Apocalypse Now, Pink Floyd The Wall and I don't think I've ever watched Up In Smoke while sober.