The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
This thread is for us to get to know each other better. So at the end of each day, or right in the middle of it...whenever you discover you're having a " moment ". Post it here. Share it with us, get sappy if ya wanna.

So far, this Saturday...the highlight of my day has been making oatmeal cookies. Everytime I walk into the livingroom...I smell them, mmmmmmm.

Radioactive Spider Blood
I just played in my weekly Wiffle Ball game, and my team won 21-0 after 2 innings. I went 5-5 and got on base 7 times. In two innings!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh! Good for you HyperB...hense the user name eh?

I drove through Dealey Plaza and saw all the Kennedy Assassination cultists doing their bit (since this is the last weekend before the anniversary of the assassination), some of them even had tape measures - no doubt for making some sort of calculations regarding trajectories, etc. from the grassy knoll. That was pretty cool, though it is a little creepy to be driving down the motorcade route with all those people standing around.

Making a documentary on the making of a documentary.
We had already done it and we were editing and the monitor on the computer short circuited, so they started the camera as we moved a new monitor in and so on, thus filming the post-production section of the doco.

The back story:
We went out to shoot a doco on our play Smashed but when we got back the footage was so riddlled with problems -- people just HAD NOT been willing to help. We were also ona strict deadline to get it done and it all shows. So we decided to use the roll on footage to make "The Blair Smashed Project", a mockumentary that actually happened I guess.

For anyone who's never made a doco it's a warning -- stay away from them!!!

Hmmm, highlight of the day? I'm not sure. A few good things: a few times in "Monsters, Inc.," I was really enjoying myself. I had another moment when I came out of the theater and saw several things: a giant line of people (giant considering this theater is pretty dang small) waiting for the next Harry Potter screening, which wasn't for another half-hour! Also saw the two trash cans about ready to overflow, and the theater playing Potter with a big "KEEP OUT" sign taped on it. I'm so glad to see the movie doing so well.

I also got a little burst of happiness (well, sort of) after adding a few items to the site...feels good to have updated often as of late. It's got a nice "buildup" feeling, and by that I mean that everytime I do it, it gets better, because all the older stuff is still there. I feel like I'm just placing bricks one on top of another...building straight up.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I also got a little burst of happiness (well, sort of) after adding a few items to the site...feels good to have updated often as of late. It's got a nice "buildup" feeling, and by that I mean that everytime I do it, it gets better, because all the older stuff is still there. I feel like I'm just placing bricks one on top of another...building straight up.
That's cool T.

This Saturday I met my Sister and finally got her to see Amelie, so that made me warm and happy all over. Then I get home and what had come in the mail?: the new boxed set of all five Dirty Harry DVDs, three days early from the Tuesday street date. Now in less than two hours on HBO is a brand-new live stand-up special with George Carlin.

Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy, Ren!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I went to Monticello today, that was kinda interesting.

The highlight of today was in Amelie, during those last 5 minutes. Brings a tear thinking about it.

I don't think I can say the real highlight of my day with the youngins around.

I did go see a play tonight, though, and I enjoyed that (it was cooler than driving through Dealey Plaza, especially since I drive through there all the time). It was a Texas Woman's University production of "The Boy Friend" and the folks in it did a good job, I thought. They are ready for Broadway, of course, but it's nice seeing people who are obviously enjoying themselves and their "craft" giving their all even for a pretty small audience (made up mostly of relatives of the cast, I would bet). And when they do a good job, it's that much better (and there was a cute redhead in the cast. And everybody knows how much I like redheads).

It was no "Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off" Starring Troy McClure, but it was enjoyable all the same.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by ryanpaige

curiosity eats away at my brain......

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by ryanpaige
Ryan got some booty!! Ryan got some booty!!

Now With Moveable Parts
The higlight of today was spending the day with my cousin from Alaska. He got in last night, but he went to the Raiders game in Oakland. So I saw him today though! He's the best. We always see like five movies together before he goes.

getting excited for Thanksgiving! We always spend it with tons of family. After stuffing our faces, the guys watch football and the girls move out all the furniture and dance all night long! Nice way to work off the mashed potatoes.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Oh crap, that was funny. Seriously. That was really, really funny.
It's so funny because it's so unbelievable that I would get some booty?

Now With Moveable Parts
aw...ryan...that's not why T was laughing and you know it. It's because OG was chanting Ryan got some booty. Now that's funny. Now...answer the friggin' question...because it is a question. What he's really saying is, Ryan...did you, or did you not, receive a piece?

It wouldn't be gentlemanly to say.

Now With Moveable Parts
yeah...you're right. I get carried away sometimes. Being surrounded by males on these forums, has me forgetting my womanly manners. What I meant to say was," Ryan, sweetie, I'm so pleased to see you may have been intimate with a lady friend. Cheers."

Oh c'mon, it's so dang obvious anyway. I don't think you would've said anything in the first place if you'd spent all day at home leafing through the K-Mart catalog's underwear section, bud. Make like Patrick in scene 57 and spill it.