The 29th Hall of Fame

Tools    

It's the 3 hour and 28 minutes director's cut version.
Cool, I hope you enjoy. BTW I was thinking of you the other day when I seen there was a deluxe Blu-Ray set of Das Boot which has the different versions and a bunch of bonus material too. Could be worth buying?

Do we have to watch the director's cut? These long films are to much lol
Nope you don't have to watch the directors cut... I said out of kindness to everyone that they could choose which version they want to see. The theatrical cut is the shortest.

Nope you don't have to watch the directors cut... I said out of kindness to everyone that they could choose which version they want to see. The theatrical cut is the shortest.
I will watch whatever I can find. If I need help, I know who to ask.

Cool, I hope you enjoy. BTW I was thinking of you the other day when I seen there was a deluxe Blu-Ray set of Das Boot which has the different versions and a bunch of bonus material too. Could be worth buying?
That sounds cool. I might check that out if I end up liking the movie. I love special editions of movies with different cuts and bonus features.

Do we have to watch the director's cut? These long films are to much lol
Do what I do and just watch the first two minutes and the last two minutes of each movie. Nothing important happens in between.

Do what I do and just watch the first two minutes and the last two minutes of each movie. Nothing important happens in between.
Ha OMG, I repped your post because I knew you were joking...You're a movie watching machine! You watch more than I do and I though I watched a lot of movies.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Goldfinger

Dr. No and From Russia With Love were two very good Bond films, but it was this one that set the standard for what a great James Bond should look like. The story is one of the better for any Bond film to come out and it has perhaps some of the greatest Bond villains too, with Goldfinger and Odd-job. Pussy Galore is one of the greatest Bond girls. It provides some of the better chuckles of any Bond film. It's also one of the most thrilling films, not only in the Bond franchise but in film overall. I guess what I'm saying is it's one of the greatest classic action and thriller movies of all time. I have to place it as my favorite Bond and of course one of my favorites overall.

+

Hmmmm no

The trick is not minding
Ha OMG, I repped your post because I knew you were joking...You're a movie watching machine! You watch more than I do and I though I watched a lot of movies.
Seriously…I watched close to 400 movies last year and even that pales in comparison to Allaby.

I wonder, Allaby, what your total is at the halfway mark this year?

For comparison, I’m at 188 movies, excluding rewatches.

Seriously…I watched close to 400 movies last year and even that pales in comparison to Allaby.

400, damn that's alot! I don't log my movie watches but I do watch a movie almost every night, sometimes I catch 2. So I'm guessing around 360 a year for me.

Adam's Apples (2005) -

I imagine this film will be hit or miss amongst us, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a funny, odd film which mixes a handful of characters with diverse backgrounds together, including a priest who has some farfetched religious beliefs, a neo-nazi inmate on probation, a terrorist trying to save up enough money to leave the country, and a former alcoholic. The film takes some risks in terms of offending the audience, but even though the characters are far out there, it simultaneously has enough restraint so that it doesn't go too far and, as a result, it makes for a surprisingly enjoyable experience. The solid twin performances from Mikkelsen and Thomsen enhance the material as well. Also, bonus points for having some unexpected outcomes to a few character arcs since comedies tend to struggle with this. For the most part, the religious themes were pretty good as well. As the film goes on, it seems less likely that the misfortunes the church's apple tree goes through are just coincidences but actually brought about by a deity. Given that, my interpretation is that the film is a modern day rendition of the Book of Job.
WARNING: spoilers below
I do think it loses its way a bit as it moves to its ending though since the priest's restored faith doesn't feel entirely earned. Unlike in the Book of Job which has a more complete character arc, this film's arc is more akin to the characters finally outsmarting God and then turning back to him, which doesn't make as much sense.
Still though, it's a really good film and I enjoyed my time with it.

Next Up: Anomalisa

Adam's Apples (2005) -

I imagine this film will be hit or miss amongst us, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a funny, odd film which mixes a handful of characters with diverse backgrounds together, including a priest who has some farfetched religious beliefs, a neo-nazi inmate on probation, a terrorist trying to save up enough money to leave the country, and a former alcoholic. The film takes some risks in terms of offending the audience, but even though the characters are far out there, it simultaneously has enough restraint so that it doesn't go too far and, as a result, it makes for a surprisingly enjoyable experience. The solid twin performances from Mikkelsen and Thomsen enhance the material as well. Also, bonus points for having some unexpected outcomes to a few character arcs since comedies tend to struggle with this. For the most part, the religious themes were pretty good as well. As the film goes on, it seems less likely that the misfortunes the church's apple tree goes through are just coincidences but actually brought about by a deity. Given that, my interpretation is that the film is a modern day rendition of the Book of Job.
WARNING: spoilers below
I do think it loses its way a bit as it moves to its ending though since the priest's restored faith doesn't feel entirely earned. Unlike in the Book of Job which has a more complete character arc, this film's arc is more akin to the characters finally outsmarting God and then turning back to him, which doesn't make as much sense.
Still though, it's a really good film and I enjoyed my time with it.

Next Up: Anomalisa
First viewing? Watch it again sometime.

I’m at 442 films watched so far this year. Last year I watched 763 films.