Ever Turn Off A Movie Because Of The Music?

Tools    

Interesting, I adore Clint Mansell and that one specifically so much that I drive to it often. But I do totally relate that it’ll annoy the hell out of you towards the end. I get that when there’s a theme in a show I’m watching and sometimes I need to take a break from watching it just because of the opening and closing credits music.

I didn't like the climax very chaotic and too much on my senses also has an element that i never like to watch in film to the point where i close my eyes, that's electroshock therapy i think in a past life i was in a bin.

I could take each individual scene but the way it's put together is too much for me including the music "Lux aeterna" and i have a negative association.

I'm sure i could check out his other stuff and enjoy it but the intensity of that particular piece definitely contributed to me turning it off.

Has anybody seen 'Lux Aeterna' by Gaspar Noe? The end of that nearly made me turn off, not because I didn't enjoy it (I loved it) but because the thudding music and relentless neon colours that filled the screen were giving my audio visual equipment and my brain such an ordeal that I began to worry.

I can't think of any other film where I've nearly been on the verge of turning off yet simultaneously thought the film was bordering on a masterpiece. Gaspar Noe is a genius.

The closest I came to this was when I watched the film 'Once'. The film is terrible and the music is even worse. It's an abomination of a film. I would have turned it off if it wasn't for the fact that I promised a friend I'd watch it if he watched a film I recommended.
I have to be on board here...this movie was not very interesting because it hinged on the music, which wasn't very interesting either. I liked the fact that the leads were actual musicians, but they weren't actors. I found myself checking watch frequently during this one.

Someone get Harold Faltermeyer (my choice to make a new one) on the line, stat!

Has anybody seen 'Lux Aeterna' by Gaspar Noe? The end of that nearly made me turn off, not because I didn't enjoy it (I loved it) but because the thudding music and relentless neon colours that filled the screen were giving my audio visual equipment and my brain such an ordeal that I began to worry.

I can't think of any other film where I've nearly been on the verge of turning off yet simultaneously thought the film was bordering on a masterpiece. Gaspar Noe is a genius.
I thought the music in his Climax was a bit overboard. I watched it all but the music was to much. I know what the movie is about and understand why the music was so.

Only 1 comes to mind, and it wasn't that I never went back to it, I just needed a break from it til the next day because the music choices was doing my head in...

Plunkett & Macleane (1999)

The movie itself is not the greatest, but the choice to impose a techno soundtrack on a 18th century story was a complete mess. It just never worked in this movie. Techno has never been my thing at the best of times, but if it fits the film I can deal with it, but this was just jarringly out of place here and it got to the point I just had had enough, and it's not exactly a long movie, from what I remember.

Admittedly it worked better in A Knight's Tale (2001) using 20th century songs for the 14th century story, and lightning was able to at least strike once, by perhaps learning the lessons of the mistakes done in P&M.