The most "imaginitive" movies?

Tools    

I'm closing in on 2000 movies, and I'm gonna get through some more crappy horror before then, and finish it off with a special movie I've already chosen for that milestone: Andrei Rublev. And I wanna find things that have a real sense of imagination. Imagination is practically my life, so please do recommend me some of the most imaginitive movies you can think of. Since I believe there are many forms of imagination, I won't give examples, since I don't want people to recommend stuff they would "think I'd like." I watched 15 Jesus Franco movies, so I really don't care what you recommend. I want that to be left to YOU.

This thread is inspired by the movie I'm watching while getting buzzed: the director's cut of Nightbreed.

While it's a bit of an obvious answer, Everything Everywhere All At Once is probably the most imaginative movie I've ever seen, bar none.

While it's a bit of an obvious answer, Everything Everywhere All At Once is probably the most imaginative movie I've ever seen, bar none.
I had a feeling this would be brought up. It;s definitely a top tier movie on my to-do list.

Charlie kaufman all around when his movies work he's so good but I'll assume you've seen those.... i was thinking how incredible Being John Malkovich is the other day.

Hard to be a God (Similar aesthetic to Andrei Rublev)
Brazil
The Hourglass Sanatorium
Oldboy
I'm a Cyborg and it's ok
The One I Love
My Neighbour Totoro
Your Name
Safety Not Guaranteed
Timecrimes
Triangle
Lost Highway
Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes
Underground
A Moment of Innocence
The color of pomegranates
The adventures of prince achmed
fantastic planet
Audition
Bo Burnham: Inside
Songs from the second floor
The Climb
Kwaidan
Gabbeh
Dreams
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
Synecdoche New York
Hausu
Posession
Holy Motors

Check out A Field in England. I've never seen anything quite like it. I watched it over a week ago and I'm still thinking about it.

Being John Malkovich is not only imaginative, but all of its flights of imaginative fancy help to deeply illustrate what a silly and nightmarish existence we've made for ourselves on this planet.

Good call. A film born of being trapped in a handful of rooms and imagining a way outside of them. And yet, always still trapped inside, houses, rooms, your body, no matter how powerful that creativity inside of us may be.

I think this almost moved me to tears when I saw it, which is clearly a great compliment for a comedy special