Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Really anticipating this one.

Immensely engrossing and so strange and sad. Love Essie Davis. Something about this kind of storytelling always captivates me. It’s like an older and wiser brother to We Need to Talk About Kevin.

Gosh, how independent you were at 12+. We had all female teachers & no boys’ schools nearby so we were boy-mad. At age 15 I was like a child. When I was 13-14 I had a paper route & could not believe how guys in cars went crazy when they saw me delivering the papers. It still seems bizarre to me.
Just saw this. I sure was - don’t know if that’s a good thing, but there we go. I wish I could have been childlike at 15, it would have been lovely. Never got the luxury, I guess. So again, that’s the sort of consideration I’d bear in mind when deciding whether to allow my kids to board. And I can picture it - of course they did. Not bizarre at all, it’s human nature, hey.

We had male teachers, though not many (mostly STEM - how sexist), and a male head of something, maybe Sixth Form? Can’t remember. Anyway, it wasn’t all bad.

Just saw this. I sure was - don’t know if that’s a good thing, but there we go. I wish I could have been childlike at 15, it would have been lovely. Never got the luxury, I guess. So again, that’s the sort of consideration I’d bear in mind when deciding whether to allow my kids to board. And I can picture it - of course they did. Not bizarre at all, it’s human nature, hey.

We had male teachers, though not many (mostly STEM - how sexist), and a male head of something, maybe Sixth Form? Can’t remember. Anyway, it wasn’t all bad.
In my final year we got a male teacher - art. Everyone went batshit though he wasn’t the least bit attractive. And it was eventually obvious that he was somewhat infatuated by one of my peers. Which I thought was so stupidly predictable.

Always had a lot of respect for Jeremy Saulnier. I’ve obviously seen this before, but recollections vague enough for it to be very enjoyable.

I tend to like Ozon, and Sophie Marceau is always great to watch. Let’s see what it’s about.

Not my cup of tea at all, though I loved The Father. Go figure.

Had been meaning to watch this for ages. Really outstanding stuff, more suspense than I’d seen in a long time. Amased by how much I enjoyed it. Even the ending is top notch.

Strange Things