Which is the best MCU movie?

Tools    

Victim of The Night
I have been leaning toward Thor: Ragnarok for a while but it will probably always be The Avengers.
With the exception of the Spider-Man film, the last several have been among the worst they've made and I have lost faith in Feige. I don't expect there to be very many more good ones.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
As much as I like pretty much all the MCU films. If I had to choose it would be Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

1. Civil War
Cerebral (if you can call a Superhero movie that), a well defined villain, characters dealing with consequence and that awesome fight scene at the airport.

2. Thor Ragnarok
Humour. Just mad fun humour.

3. Infinity War
The scale and twists and the unexpected ending.

Avengers Assemble (2012)
Seconded, also counting for best superhero movie period. It would be Endgame if it didn;t require 20 movies to watch and get the full experience.

Infinity War

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Dropped in to see how many wrong answers have been submitted and it looks like this thread is batting a thousand 🫠

Dropped in to see how many wrong answers have been submitted and it looks like this thread is batting a thousand 🫠

THOR 2?

As a whole, I find the MCU overwhelming and this feeling is compounded by the fact that the movies are all way too long and involve way too many stretched out, CGI-fest action sequences that as often as not have relatively little payoff for the number of minutes they're given. I think I've seen roughly half of the films in the cinematic universe.

I have some affection for Iron Man which, at the time, did feel like a kind of popcorn entertainment I wouldn't mind seeing more of. (Curse you, monkey paw that must have been nearby when I thought this!).

I think that The Winter Soldier has the emotional arc that made me actually care the most in the form of Steve and Bucky's fractured friendship. I find Evans to be a really solid lead.

The Guardians of the Galaxy films were both fun to see in the theater. And while I have had more than enough of Starlord's schtick, I loved Rooker's work in the second film.

I've had moderately positive reactions to some of the other films (like the Ant-Man films and the first Spiderman movie). Overall I've liked the Thor films and I'm excited for the new one.

At this point, a lot of the movies kind of sludge together in my brain. I will say that I really like the characters of Black Widow and Loki in most of the situations where they pop up.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Infinity War 9/10

Iron Man, Avengers 1 and Civil War on a similar level not far behind.