Film similar to Hand That Rocks The Cradle but with evil mother in law

Tools    

Hello everyone,

Can anyone remember a film like Hand That Rocks The Cradle but instead of an evil nanny, a man's mother in law comes to stay and starts taking over the family.

I remember several scenes:

Two scenes had the man walk in (I think he had a beard) on the mother in law shaving her legs and/or combing/brushing her hair and then the man saying to his wife that the mother in law was being 'sexually suggestive'.

Another scene had the mother in law suckling the couple's new baby.

The woman is either the wife's mother or stepmother.

I think it was a TV movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: It's not Hush with Gwyneth Paltrow. The mother in law is the wife's mother / stepmother in my film. In Hush, the mother in law is the husband's mother.

For what that’s worth, these search terms return truly disturbing results and Reddit posts in the vein of “My mother-in-law still breastfeeds my husband.”

I know, I know. Look for the film, shut up.

For what that’s worth, these search terms return truly disturbing results and forum searches in the vein of “My mother-in-law still breastfeeds my husband.”

Try Hush (1998)?
Haha! Yeah it was a pretty disturbing psychological thriller TV movie.

No it wasn't Hush. Before I saw your response, I quickly edited my post to discount that film. Thanks for replying.

Haha! Yeah it was a pretty disturbing psychological thriller TV movie.

No it wasn't Hush. Before I saw your response, I quickly edited my post to discount that film. Thanks for replying.
Yeah, that was well timed.

Bump.

I'm going to assume that this movie was American and in English?

Do you remember roughly when you watched it? That can really help narrow a search.
Thanks for responding.

Yes it was American and in English.

It was on TV after 9pm in the late 90s. It seemed to be made in either the early to mid 90s.

Thanks for trying but it's neither of those. It's definitely from that era though.

Regardless, I'll watch those two since they seem quite entertaining, thanks!

It was more of a thriller vibe. The mother in law was evil and she had to be stopped.

I'm very grateful to you for trying to find it.

For what that’s worth, these search terms return truly disturbing results and Reddit posts in the vein of “My mother-in-law still breastfeeds my husband.”

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
The movie you are looking for is Hush Little Baby (TV Movie 1994) Starring Diane Ladd as a psychotic woman who tracks down her daughter she tried to kill 35 years earlier. The scene you described with the mother-in-law seducing her daughter's husband while brushing her hair and shaving her legs nailed it for me! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107169...nm_flmg_act_63

Thank you so much for this! However did you track it down? I searched everywhere! You've really made my day.

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
Thank you so much for this! However did you track it down? I searched everywhere! You've really made my day.

Your welcome! I'm happy I was able to resolve this for you. It was easy for me to track it down since I saw the movie when it first aired on TV. I remember thinking this was an unusual role for Diane Ladd so the movie stuck with me ever since. It's a good movie. I hope you get to see it again. Cheers!

OK I just watched it. My memory was clearly distorted by Hand Tha Rocks The Cradle. The husband didn't have a beard and there was actually a scene where he was shaving! Also the evil mother in law didn't suckle the baby. A decent film.

OK I just watched it. My memory was clearly distorted by Hand Tha Rocks The Cradle. The husband didn't have a beard and there was actually a scene where he was shaving! Also the evil mother in law didn't suckle the baby. A decent film.
Glad you found it!