Phillip Baker Hall - RIP

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Prolific character actor Philip Baker Hall, star of films like Say Anything... and Magnolia, has died at age 90.

I mostly remember him from Seinfeld and Magnolia. But everything he has been in, he's been great.

RIP.

Suspect's Reviews

Good actor. Dependable. Always did good work.

R.I.P.
This is one of my favorite performances of all time. I encourage anyone who hasn't seen Hard Eight to do so ASAP.
Totally agree. The film and the performance are among my favorites too.

Another one of those remarkable character actors whose face was more well known than is name. Loved him in Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Zodiac, and The Talented Mr. Ripley. One of my favorite appearances from him that a lot of people didn't see or forgot about was a guest shot on the ABC sitcom Modern Family where he played a grouchy old hermit who Luke (Nolan Gould) took it upon himself to get him to leave his house. This guest shot should have earned Hall an Emmy nomination. Terrific character actor who was so good at what he did it was really easy to overlook him. RIP.

"The Colonel's got the money. You've got the talent, Jack. I've got the connection to the equipment and the mail order distribution, not to mention those kids out there, who are hot **** action to the max, Jack. This here's the future. Videotape tells the truth."

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
He was also great as the police chief, Carter's boss, in the first Rush Hour. RIP

Prolific character actor Philip Baker Hall, star of films like Say Anything... and Magnolia, has died at age 90.

I mostly remember him from Seinfeld and Magnolia. But everything he has been in, he's been great.

RIP.
He cracked me up on Seinfeld

God bless you Mr. Hall for keeping a straight face during this whole episode. R.I.P.

I forgot to post about his passing. He was in almost every other movie, it seemed and that was a good thing. That said, I'll never hear his name without thinking of him as "The Library Policeman" on Seinfeld. Godspeed, PBH.