28th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Since you said you were nominating something more conventional for this Hall, I decided to be your substitute for this round (or, at least, I think I did).
The only downside is that I wasn't able to successfully do this

Here was my message to CR

Originally Posted by MovieGal
I'm going best to worst and you can put them in point order.

The Painted Bird
Rams
Cuties
The Travelling Players
Miracle Mile
A Young Man with a Horn
Blue Spring
My Favorite Year

My ballot:

1. The Travelling Players
2. Young Man With a Horn
3. Blue Spring
4. Rams
5. Miracle Mile
6. Cuties
7. My Favorite Year
8. The Painted Bird

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
NOICE!!
haven't won one of these since around #17.

THANKS, EVERYONE, and THANKS CR for your usual Style and Pizzazz!!

Here's my list

1. Young Man With a Horn
2. My Favorite Year
3. Blue Spring
4. The Travelling Players
5. Cuties
6. Rams
7. Miracle Mile
8. The Painted Bird

Don't worry @edarsenal @SpelingError and @Citizen Rules. I talked with another member here about the three films I want to nominate from for the 29th. My #1 film. They said they found it very funny. Of course, it's in their native language. I personally find it funny as well.

i think mine was:

1. Young Man with a Horn
2. Blue Spring
3. Miracle Mile
4. The Travelling Players
5. My Favourite Year
6. Rams
7. Cuties
8. The Painted Bird

no real highlights for me this time around sadly, even my own pick was a let down lol. thanks y'all this was still a cute time

When it comes to HOFs, probably about 95% will be foreign language. Only certain themed ones will have English speaking films.

Congrats to Ed for 1st!
and to SpelingError for 2nd

I had really thought The Travelling Players was going to win. I thought Young Man With a Horn had a good chance too. But I never thought my nom would do more than middle of the pack but at least some liked it.

Here's my ballot and it's 'backwards', it shows the points for each movie not it's placement.

Young Man with a Horn 8
Miracle Mile 7
Rams 6
My Favorite Year 5
Cuties 4
The Traveling Players 3
Blue Spring 2
The Painted Bird 1

When it comes to HOFs, probably about 95% will be foreign language. Only certain themed ones will have English speaking films.
I think my nom for the 29th will be a foreign language one, I think you might like it....you probably already seen it.

I think my nom for the 29th will be a foreign language one, I think you might like it....you probably already seen it.
Don't nominate the one I want to!

Lol I have many to pick from. There is one I an dying to nominate but can always think of better ones. It nothing special , just one I enjoy and want to revisit.

Don't nominate the one I want to!

Lol I have many to pick from. There is one I an dying to nominate but can always think of better ones. It nothing special , just one I enjoy and want to revisit.
steals MovieGal's nomination

i've got mine picked i think. going with a blockbuster and i'll be absolutely crucified for it
Lol just as long as it's short. Se killed me with his.

I watched 2 hrs and 8 minutes, then napped and finished it after the nap.

I do have questions about a nominate. If it takes place in the 50s, then why in the heck did he ask her to move in with him? That wasn't kosher in the 50s!

Also, those films they showed if his work, weren't they real films of that actor's real films from the actor's real filmography?

As an aside, if you guys enjoyed The Travelling Players, I highly recommend Landscape in the Mist. It's much shorter and would make for an easier watch in terms of pacing.

I watched 2 hrs and 8 minutes, then napped and finished it after the nap.
Funnily enough, I thought about nominating a movie which is even longer than The Travelling Players for the next main Hall (it runs a couple minutes shy of four hours), but I figured I'd ease up on y'all and go with something under 90 minutes next.