A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Victim of The Night
Just so you know, it's barely a horror film. It's more like a slightly off centre, low budget drama with vaguely ominous undertones.
That's how it seemed, really.

Victim of The Night
Demon Knight is a blast for the cast alone. It features an unhinged Billy Zane, a love-to-hate Thomas Haden Church saying things like "my nipples are smoking" and Dick Miller in a role that gives him more screen time than usual. It's an ideal pick for a scary movie night since there are as many, if not more, laughs than scares.

I think it's the first movie I reviewed when I joined this forum. That was pretty much a condensed version of it, but you can read it here if you like.
My favorite actors specifically in this movie were actually William Sadler and Jada Pinkett. I thought they were both just great for this.

My favorite actors specifically in this movie were actually William Sadler and Jada Pinkett. I thought they were both just great for this.
Zane is the clear scene stealer but Sadler and Pinkett bring the necessary dramatic weight to keep the whole thing working and engaging. I mean, it is a ridiculously well-cast film. We haven’t even brought up CCH Pounder’s ever perfect self.

This is the delightful trash that is right up my alley and since I only had time for something short tonight I gave it a whirl. This movie is ludicrous. The bad guy couldn’t just be one thing he had to be all the bad things. He’s a cheater, a rapist, a blackmailer, a racist, a homophobe, a misogynist and a murderer. It was fascinating.
Yeah, Josh was a true Renaissance Bro.

By the end I was like . . . what even is your plan? It started as "we're doing an amazing job faking this person's death" and devolved into "murder murder murder!".

I think this was the thread where someone watched Mutations (aka Freakmaker), with Donald Pleasance working in the circus. They were trying to think of what it crossed Freaks with.
I'd have to check the timeline on it, but there was a movie, Ssssss, that had a person at a circus have something with snakes that turned people into a snake person and he'd then show them off as a circus freak, IIRC. When I saw Mutations years back, I thought of that (which I saw as a young adolescent on TV). Presumably Sssssss didn't have the same quality of cinematography.

I think this was the thread where someone watched Mutations (aka Freakmaker), with Donald Pleasance working in the circus. They were trying to think of what it crossed Freaks with.
I'd have to check the timeline on it, but there was a movie, Ssssss, that had a person at a circus have something with snakes that turned people into a snake person and he'd then show them off as a circus freak, IIRC. When I saw Mutations years back, I thought of that (which I saw as a young adolescent on TV). Presumably Sssssss didn't have the same quality of cinematography.
Twas I! I haven’t seen Ssssss yet but I am aware of it. Definitely sounds akin to Freakmaker.

The most shocking thing about Freakmaker is that it’s not a particularly good looking film. It’s shot like a lower tier Amicus production.

Twas I! I haven’t seen Ssssss yet but I am aware of it. Definitely sounds akin to Freakmaker.

The most shocking thing about Freakmaker is that it’s not a particularly good looking film. It’s shot like a lower tier Amicus production.

Well, it doesn't look like a Powell and Pressburger production value film, but I seem to recall there were at least one or two shots that had a visually interesting composition.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
The Freakmaker was awful. I felt bad for everyone involved.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

The Freakmaker was awful. I felt bad for everyone involved.
Never heard of it; what was so bad about it?

Freakmaker has a cult following?

Before it recently came on Shudder, I thought I was the only person on earth who had seen it. And, no, it's true that it's not very good. But it also isn't a write off.

Apparently I saw it within the last 11 years but before I started logging what I was watching, so probably 8-11 years ago, which sounds right. Though I wasn't aware of the "The Freakmaker" as an alternate title until recently, so if that's how it was referred to as, I wouldn't have caught it.

Freakmaker has a cult following?

Before it recently came on Shudder, I thought I was the only person on earth who had seen it. And, no, it's true that it's not very good. But it also isn't a write off.
Joe Bob Briggs is a big fan of it.

Can you help me with a title of an Asian film?

What I remember of it: a young girl (late teens) walks in a house pulling a red wagon that contains a chainsaw. A man is chained to the bedroom ceiling and screams as she walks into the room. She stands on the bed below him holding the chainsaw.

The screen pans out of the room. You hear the roar of the chainsaw and him screaming in pain.

The next scene is her walking out of the house, sits on the stair step and lights a cigarette, her shirt splattered with blood.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

The trick is not minding
Can you help me with a title of an Asian film?

What I remember of it: a young girl (late teens) walks in a house pulling a red wagon that contains a chainsaw. A man is chained to the bedroom ceiling and screams as she walks into the room. She stands on the bed below him holding the chainsaw.

The screen pans out of the room. You hear the roar of the chainsaw and him screaming in pain.

The next scene is her walking out of the house, sits on the stair step and lights a cigarette, her shirt splattered with blood.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
Wrong thread MG. 😜

Wrong thread MG. 😜
Their fans of horror. I asked Mark about it before and he didn't know.

I'm seeing if any of the Corrierino members may know.

The trick is not minding
Their fans of horror. I asked Mark about it before and he didn't know.

I'm seeing if any of the Corrierino members may know.
*points at ask movie title thread*

Don’t make me tap it twice.
😜

Based on the description of that movie she is definitely in the right thread.