The Guitar Guild

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Depends what and where you are going to use it for. Why do you need it battery powered? That Yamaha one does look nice though.
I want to be able to practice while I'm outside with my dog, and there are no outlets available.

I may also want to pick up another smaller amp for the living room, so open to suggestions for that. The less complex/expensive the better.

I got my Bandit 112 back in my studio room, but my dog loses his shit when I'm in there. So I'm not practicing as much as I should. I may just move that one out into the living room, but I definitely need something portable for outside, as we spend a lot of time out there in the early mornings and evenings.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I guess the Yamaha then, although I'd probably want to hear it first. Totally not the same thing, but I have one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstar-a...ps%2C65&sr=8-5

They are very handy for practising, and you can even connect it to your phone while you play over spotify / youtube tracks. ‎2 AA batteries required. Works only via headphones obviously but is a pretty nifty gadget.

One of the many blessings of a living in a tiny back water town. You can’t see or hear anything before buying it. And that’s true for just about anything you’d want to see or hear before buying

Looking for a portable battery powered amp. I think I've narrowed it down to these two. Suggestions? Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Katana-Mini-B.../dp/B072XKP8TH

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-THR5-1...dp/B007J0UWMU/

I have the Roland Micro Cube that does the job nicely... the modeling is nice enough.. the fx are a little heavy handed but i should be using a multi pedal anyway.
I've done some busking with this super easy to carry and the battery's last i think 2, 3 days? it's been awhile i keep it plugged in now.

I like the Yamaha in your pics, my Roland has a 5" speaker the yamaha has 2, 3" i wonder how it handles.. do you think it will sound tinny?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dddfafUntitled.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	87658  

I have the Roland Micro Cube

I like the Yamaha in your pics, my Roland has a 5" speaker the yamaha has 2, 3" i wonder how it handles.. do you think it will sound tinny?
I had considered the Micro Cube, as well.

As far as I can tell the Yamaha isn't terrible based on reviews and price they commend on the second hand market. I been looking for a used one but can't seem to find any decently priced.

I'm leaning towards the Katana Mini at this point just because it's not a modeling amp, and only uses 6 AA batteries. Plus, it's cheaper.

My birthday is coming up soon, so we will see what I can get away with asking for

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Skip to 2:10 for actual sound from the room. The intro is likely EQ'd with mix FX and not its natural sound.

Skip to 2:10 for actual sound from the room. The intro is likely EQ'd with mix FX and not its natural sound.
Sounds like it’d be great for some metal tones. And a lot of comments/reviews says it plays well with pedals.

I like how it’s no fuss no muss. As nice as the Yamaha is I feel like I’d spend more time just twisting knobs than practicing.

I will definitely post back when I make a decision/purchase.

OK, so I get the hate for this thing, but I love it. It’s the perfect loudness on clean, and, while stupid fun, the distortion is completely useless. Great for what I need.

And I like that there’s no on/off switch

OK, so I get the hate for this thing, but I love it. It’s the perfect loudness on clean, and, while stupid fun, the distortion is completely useless. Great for what I need.

And I like that there’s no on/off switch

That looks lovely. If it's perferct for what you need.....then it's perfect

I caved in and bought a new axe:

I've always loved those top edge half moon inlays on Gretsch fretboards. Looks great. Bet it sounds even better.

I've always loved those top edge half moon inlays on Gretsch fretboards. Looks great. Bet it sounds even better.

Yeah for the price it really does sound good. It's the budget range Gretsch but the pick ups are really nice and help it sound like a really decent al rounder.

Yeah for the price it really does sound good. It's the budget range Gretsch but the pick ups are really nice and help it sound like a really decent al rounder.

Always wanted a Gretch i imagine even they're budget range guitars are quality.. Nice guitar.

No Nylon right now :/ I've been looking and can't find one used...

Rather pay for a used one and get a deal then pay for a low end one and pay a lot.. plenty of fender acoustics for some reason but i won't buy one.

Will post if i find one.

(old recording)

https://soundcloud.com/user-71352572...social_sharing

I'm still in shock about the local music shop burning down. ****ing shock.
Yeah, that's tragic. I hope his insurance is up to date else he's going to have some serious troubles here soon. Keep us posted.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Apologies if this is turning into a catch all music showcase thread. Not sure where else to post these really. I have done a bit of electronic music of which this is an extract:

https://vocaroo.com/1eluXLBey47Q

Also been noodling with a few new pedals which has resulted in some chillout stuff:

https://vocaroo.com/1hSVC6e4Sesq