A guy breaks into a shop

Tools    

Hello! A couple of nights ago I caught this really interesting movie, but I forgot the name of it. The movie started with the main character breaking the window of a shop, just to turn on a fan and sit calmly on a chair until the local policeman came to pick him up. Then they put him in the cell, where he is supposed to spend the night, but he manages to go out and back in the cell by fooling the cops. While he is out he meets with his girlfriend. At the end of the movie there is this huge rain storm and I think the river in the city overflows. Any help with finding this movie would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Aleksandar

No. This is not the movie that I am searching for. The movie that I watched is more in the genre of comedy/drama.

A couple of nights ago I caught this really interesting movie
It was on a TV channel? Any memory of what channels you typically watch?

Sorry, the channel is not available in the US. I think the main focus with regards to finding this movie should be the first part of my description, namely:

The guy breaks the window of a shop. Then when the police arrives at the scene, they find him sitting comfortably in a chair, legs risen up and a fan is blowing, because the night was super hot. The policeman toss him in the cell but by exploiting the stupidity of the officers he manages to get out of the cell and go back in it, before the policeman ever find out. In order to achieve this I think that he took one of the guards' keys for the cell. While he is out he meets his girlfriend.

I don't really remember. The truth is that I watched this movie maybe 10 years ago, even more. I just wrote that I watched it "a couple of nights ago" for no particular reason ... sounded better at that moment I guess. Take care!

I don't really remember. The truth is that I watched this movie maybe 10 years ago, even more. I just wrote that I watched it "a couple of nights ago" for no particular reason ... sounded better at that moment I guess. Take care!

10 years ago and couple of nights ago, is one of really crucial information for a movie to be found!

Well obviously, but I described what I remember and I think that the information should be enough.

10 years ago and couple of nights ago, is one of really crucial information for a movie to be found!