What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

The scenes in The Omen are fun watches!

The Nanny, the plate of glass and the priest, I enjoy them all!

But in terms of sheer terror, we didn't have a nanny, there weren't stray panes of glass on trucks in my childhood, but every ******* Sunday... those clothes were a form of torture and the service was so boring and long.

But in terms of sheer terror, we didn't have a nanny, there weren't stray panes of glass on trucks in my childhood, but every ******* Sunday... those clothes were a form of torture and the service was so boring and long.
We never dressed like that for church. My father is from a small Missouri town and they went to whatever church was in walking distance. My mother went to the RLDS church in Independence and was embarrassed as they were the poorest family so they got charity stuff. Religion was never forced on my siblings and I.

Have read the entire thread and I can’t actually think of one. I’ve had a disturbed childhood, heh, watching horror since I was 5 (cinephile family oversight, no doubt), but if anything, I’d agree with Norman Bates as mother. The only scene that’s ever stayed with me in this kind of truly sickening way, as already noted elsewhere, was the grandmother’s legs melting in Dante’s Peak. Honestly don’t think any Saw shit or anything from the horror catalogue even comes close. *shrug*

gosh i need to rewwatched the sandlot

The dog from the sandlot reminded me of another movie character who scared the hell out of me:

Mine's from Cujo too. I deliberately picked a harmless looking picture of his. But that thing was a monster in the movie.

The dog from the sandlot reminded me of another movie character who scared the hell out of me:

Claim to fame: I knew Danny Pintauro when he was a child (just a year of two before Cujo). He lived near me (1 block away) and I'd walk past his house everyday from my bus stop during high school. He'd often be outside and we'd talk as I passed by. He was a cute little kid, but at the time I had no idea he was going to be a movie star (or at least a TV star on Who's the Boss).

Lady Elaine Fairchilde, the puppet from Mister Rogers Neighborhood

Just look at it. Look at it!

The trick is not minding
Growing up in Florida from 85-91, horror was at an all time high. Jason, Freddy, Michael, Chucky….all frightened me. Child’s Play gave me an immediate nightmare after I watched it where I was attacked by my sisters doll.

But the worst? Jaws and Alligator. Swimming in a lake or the Ocean, as one tends to do every weekend in Florida, meant taking a risk that you would get eaten alive by a alligator or shark (especially the latter in the eyes of a 10 year old).

I could convince myself the others don’t exist, but actual predators? That’s a different story.

Not quite from my childhood but this one still scares the bejaysus out of me to this day:

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Not quite from my childhood but this one still scares the bejaysus out of me to this day:
Bwahahahaha

They didn't have a wide catalogue of frightening characters when I was a kid. The classic Universal monsters had been around forever but they weren't exactly nightmare inducing.

But I will go along with The Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz. Especially when she's skywriting SURRENDER DOROTHY. That level of extravagance and dissolution offended my prosaic sensibilities. Wicked Witch was off the chain and I didn't like it.

Movie Forums Extra
The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Or the flying birds in one of the Wizard of Oz movies - TERRIFIED me.

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
The talking, bandaged, severed female head from The Frozen Dead gave me nightmares for months when I saw it as a little boy.