Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I don’t think any tv smart or otherwise has a disc drive.
You’ve witnessed first-hand the extent of my ignorance. Anyhow, perfectly happy with my laptop for those purposes. For what that’s worth, I used to have detachable disc drives that could be USB-plugged into a TV, but I’ve long since given up on being involved in tech in my house.

You’ve witnessed first-hand the extent of my ignorance. Anyhow, perfectly happy with my laptop for those purposes. For what that’s worth, I used to have detachable disc drives that could be USB-plugged into a TV, but I’ve long since given up on being involved in tech in my house.
All you need is a DVD player. I have a multi-region one so I can watch stuff from England too. They’re so inexpensive these days I bought two.

All you need is a DVD player. I have a multi-region one so I can watch stuff from England too. They’re so inexpensive these days I bought two.
Ah, that’s super-helpful. Will look into it.

This thread might be too old but I just want to share the movie Forgotten, that is what I watched yesterday and it feels great to rewatch it again with friends tonight ( I will not spoil it, of course).

I think I started watching a while back and turned off within 15 minutes. The dvd looked interesting earlier tonight so I'm giving it another try.
Meh, we will see if it was worth a watch again.

Just finished Seven Years in Tibet at the recommendation of my co-worker friend. Damn that third act. Damn that incredible third act. I smiled so much I wanna watch it again now, but I'm gonna check out Quest for Fire. I wanna see what else this Annuad is capable of.

Just finished Seven Years in Tibet at the recommendation of my co-worker friend. Damn that third act. Damn that incredible third act. I smiled so much I wanna watch it again now, but I'm gonna check out Quest for Fire. I wanna see what else this Annuad is capable of.
It's a great film and the soundtrack is amazing!

Love such films, but even as a fluent French speaker, have always found the use of “petite/petit” as a term of endearment extremely off-putting. Even the classic “ma petite chou” is very much a linguistic wonder, but still off-putting to me.

The film reminds me of Heavenly Creatures, which, as ever, isn’t the idea. But it is fantastic.

So Justin Benson of Benson and Moorhead not only pretty much plays himself/the Justin from The Endless, but sings House of the Rising Sun (which admittedly it was Moorhead that sang it in The Endless)? Still, this is some serious extended universe shit.

I've got one more Kubrick movie to watch before completing his filmography, and I saved it for last: Barry Lyndon. Just watched Eyes Wide Shut, a problematic but stylistic movie with a lot of deep mystery that focuses a lot on the concept of theme and interpretation, especially from a social standpoint. It almost feels like Kubrick's mocking us cinephiles for our habit of dissecting themes in movies.