HAPPY VALLEY

Tools    

This is an excellent British crime series. First season 2014. Second season 2016. Third season is in the ether someplace even though we’re assured there will be a 3rd season after a six-year wait. Even told they’re filming this year.

So annoying because the third season is needed to finish the show. Why start something you don’t finish?

Have there been other shows that disappeared before the end?

Yeah,loads of them. It's called US network TV.
I don’t watch network tv at all (at least I don’t think I do).

Did you ever watch HV? Terrific show. The NY Times was raving about the show at one time. Until I pointed out to the columnist that the darn thing has been hanging in the air forever. The columnist said this was ok & it was still a good show.

I watched the first series and enjoyed it, but was kind of done after that.

Once I realized that we were going to
WARNING: spoilers below
see more of the rapist/killer character in the next series I just lost interest.

I thought that the performances were really strong (I still can't look at or watch James Norton in, well, anything), and that it managed to walk the line pretty well between impactful violence and stuff that felt more exploitative.

I have to say, though, that personally I am not a big fan of police/detective movies or shows where the detective/officer has a personal connection to the case. It always feels a bit contrived, even when done well.

I watched the first series and enjoyed it, but was kind of done after that.

Once I realized that we were going to
WARNING: spoilers below
see more of the rapist/killer character in the next series I just lost interest.

I thought that the performances were really strong (I still can't look at or watch James Norton in, well, anything), and that it managed to walk the line pretty well between impactful violence and stuff that felt more exploitative.

I have to say, though, that personally I am not a big fan of police/detective movies or shows where the detective/officer has a personal connection to the case. It always feels a bit contrived, even when done well.
Fair enough. I beg to differ: I loved it & waited, in vain, for its 3rd season conclusion.

Fair enough. I beg to differ: I loved it & waited, in vain, for its 3rd season conclusion.
I thought that the first series was great, and so did the rest of my family and some friends who watched it.

But the frequency of disturbing stuff in it (like the sadistic rapes) was a bit much for me.

I hope you get your third season!

^ There is a third series on the way, finished filming last month.

I wasn't there but they were filming at a location about two miles from me, so it's definitely coming.

Have there been other shows that disappeared before the end?
Yes, I was really annoyed when they axed Utopia, the original British series. They had about four series planned and it got axed after two... lots of things unanswered.

^ There is a third series on the way, finished filming last month.

I wasn't there but they were filming at a location about two miles from me, so it's definitely coming.

Yes, I was really annoyed when they axed Utopia, the original British series. They had about four series planned and it got axed after two... lots of things unanswered.
Ok, 6 years later, but cool!

I don’t have a problem with a series ending, tie up the loose ends, etc., etc. But when a show ends BEFORE THE END it’s really annoying.

Did you ever watch HV? Terrific show. The NY Times was raving about the show at one time. Until I pointed out to the columnist that the darn thing has been hanging in the air forever. The columnist said this was ok & it was still a good show.
No, I've never seen it. Didn't really appeal to me.

Finally, pre-ordered season 3 from Amazon.co.uk. Seven years after season 2 ended, which is ridiculous. But, I need to rewatch seasons 1 & 2 & put this project to bed.

The final series of this started this week over here.
I know. That’s why I was able to pre-order the third season from the uk.

Done & dusted. Third season is the weakest of the series. Very good show.

I should watch this. Everyone says it's great. Unfortunately I'm just about to boycott the BBC given today's news.
Why, wassup?

Probably best for me not to comment given Yoda's rules here. Just check the news. It involves censorship.
Ok. Anyway, it’s a great show.